am i wrong for going a bit annoyed about this? (blackpool)

what we must realise is, someone who is doing the osc a favour is paying for x amount of tickets upfront, rather than going down the route of messing around getting their cash back give them to another member, but what happens if its an away game, where we dont sell out? im guessing about 75% of the fixtures last year we didnt sell out, do they send them back to city? or give them out? i know what city would be happy with.

Just been reading this thread with interest and would make the following observations:

1. Selling tickets is illegal. Technically it is, but the cops are on record as saying that their intention isn't to stop people passing on tickets when their circumstances change or something it's to stop touts selling tickets at high prices and also to stop tickets being put in the wrong hands. I should think that the cops are glad of a board like this where tickets would swap hands by blues for blues, and at face value (or in some instances, below).

2. The OSC ticketing mafia. There seems to have been a big hoo har from some people on here regarding this. Recently, the OSC merged with the CSA and it was the case that you still had the scenario whereby you couldn't get any more tickets than people in your branch would get by right via loyalty points, the only difference was that you got them a week earlier than they went on sale. That is to say if you had 5 members with the right amount of points, you'd only get 5 tickets. Once the tickets arrived, it was up to the members to distribute as they wished, so if the member with the points couldn't go, then someone else got the ticket, just like what happens on here, to be fair when you think about it. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.

3. In the grand scheme of things, this thread is about tickets for a game for which there is likely to be a small allocation. The fact that the situation hasn't really come up thus far (or for a while anyway) probably shows that the system works, and if we're honest, how many people with the required number of loyalty points are going to miss out? Probably not that many, and so it's therefore not really worth getting all stressed out about.

Ticket For Schalke said:
what we must realise is, someone who is doing the osc a favour is paying for x amount of tickets upfront, rather than going down the route of messing around getting their cash back give them to another member, but what happens if its an away game, where we dont sell out? im guessing about 75% of the fixtures last year we didnt sell out, do they send them back to city? or give them out? i know what city would be happy with.

You're missing the point so much mate.

If you can get a ticket from an OSC, whats stopping you from getting a ticket via the club?

If you can get a ticket via the club, then you can get your points and we can use our "best ticketing system in the league" properly.

Lancashire Blue said:
Just been reading this thread with interest and would make the following observations:

3. In the grand scheme of things, this thread is about tickets for a game for which there is likely to be a small allocation. The fact that the situation hasn't really come up thus far (or for a while anyway) probably shows that the system works, and if we're honest, how many people with the required number of loyalty points are going to miss out? Probably not that many, and so it's therefore not really worth getting all stressed out about.

Sorry LB, but i know for a fact that my supporters club arranged tickets for Derby away on a tuesday night a few years ago when some of them had not the required level of loyalty points, & when even when the game was switched to the wednesday night, we still took the tickets for this high profile fixture, and allowed some members to bring their wives, and thus denying true blues the chance to not buy a ticket anyway, all ails at the club are the fault of the Supporters clubs.

GStar said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

If you can get a ticket from an OSC, whats stopping you from getting a ticket via the club?

If you can get a ticket via the club, then you can get your points and we can use our "best ticketing system in the league" properly.

because instead of 15 blokes who go to the game together all queuing up or calling up, they are able to get seats together through the osc, which in turn saves the booking fees, makes life alot easier for people already juggling time. hope that explains your first point.

im not missing the point, as it wasnt you who made the thread, im just answering others and making my own point.

the OSC has been running longer than most people on here, dont see why people all of sudden feel the need to bash it after 60 years.

Ticket For Schalke said:
because instead of 15 blokes who go to the game together all queuing up or calling, which in turn saves the booking fees, makes life alot easier for people already juggling time. hope that explains your first point.

im not missing the point, as it wasnt you who made the thread, im just answering others and making my own point.

the OSC has been running longer than most people on here, dont see why people all of sudden feel the need to bash it after 60 years.

15 blokes, half of who might not, under club rules, have the points to qualify.

Its been bashed for a logn time this process, but of course as demand becomes higher, more people will try and get round the system and more people will have the points to do it the legit way.

Put them both together and it means theres a lot more who are missing out that shouldn't be, than there use to be.

Ticket For Schalke said:
GStar said:

because instead of 15 blokes who go to the game together all queuing up or calling up, they are able to get seats together through the osc, which in turn saves the booking fees, makes life alot easier for people already juggling time. hope that explains your first point.

Are you suggesting that these 15 massive blues would not go to the match if they had to buy tickets like everyone else and incurred a booking fee or had to spend time making a phone call like everyone else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.