American Blues

Philadelphia_Citizen said:
buckshot said:
I chose City because of Hatton but also because of the annoying rag fans all over Central PA.

Where abouts in Central PA are you? I was raised just outside of State College and still make it up to Happy Valley from time to time.

Oh and your sentence works with just about any location: "I chose City ... because of the annoying rag fans all over [Insert Location Here]." :-)

deegee33 said:
Philadelphia checking in .City since 1978 Maine Rd. Derby Cty 2 mcfc 1. Might havehad more funat that match than any other time in my life. Being a Philly guy, was great just to see people living and dying with every play, but in the end just enjoying a good time with friends and accepting the " typical city" result afterward off to the pub for several pints and twice as many laughs with blues I had met 3 hours prior, 2 of whom I am still in contact with today. See you all at COMS for the Villa Match. United can sit on it and spin.

Nice! Are you properly in the city or in a suburb? I'm out towards King of Prussia.
I am in the CITY of Phila. North Philly to be exact

So cal. City fan since the summer of the takeover, by chance really I was wondering around aimlessly on the tv, when I found fsc (our channel that shows the prem) and watch ireland slot in a gem, not to mention their beautiful shirts, sky blue, haha it seemed to me that the LA dodgers and man city had a lot in common (red counter town rivals, the blue half is more about the people though) just as the other la baseball team is the (red) la angels. Had to stay blue. CTID. It's now city everything for me...it's become my favorite sport, my favorite passion.. can't wait for next season!

im actually from london but im moving to San Francisco the day after tommorow. worried there might not be any coverage of matches... ESPN?? HELLP!!!

geezerkid said:
im actually from london but im moving to San Francisco the day after tommorow. worried there might not be any coverage of matches... ESPN?? HELLP!!!

What a beautiful city... and the great state of california has legalized "medicine" ..so enjoy your new home !

ALl you have to do to find the match is find an english pub, there's bound to be one in sf, phone them and see if theyll have the said city game on the next morn. Directv provides setanta sports which shows almost all the prem games, if fsc or espn doesnt have the game on.

mancincali said:
geezerkid said:

What a beautiful city... and the great state of california has legalized "medicine" ..so enjoy your new home !

ALl you have to do to find the match is find an english pub, there's bound to be one in sf, phone them and see if theyll have the said city game on the next morn. Directv provides setanta sports which shows almost all the prem games, if fsc or espn doesnt have the game on.

"Setanta" doesn't exist in the US anymore. They've become Fox Soccer Plus now. Most providers offer some method of getting the required trinity of ESPN, FSC and FSC+, though FSC+ is often a specific add-on which means it can be expensive. I'm on Verizon FiOS and FSC+ is an additional $15/month. That said, between those three channels you'll likely be able to see nearly all of City's matches either live or slightly delayed.

acquiesce said:
Grew up in Wisconsin and live in Chicago now. Been supporting City since 96. Following the World Cup over here I really got into football and was looking for a team to follow. After aimlessly wandering for a year or two Oasis broke over here, with the brothers supporting City I decided why not. Little did I know what I was getting myself into as we were quickly relegated a few times. Needless to say its been a roller coaster ride and I wouldn't change it for the world. Manage to make it over for a few matches a year. Good times.

Similar story for me... Gallagher brothers in their Brother shirts plastered all over NME at the time made City an obvious choice. First match (via satellite, of course) was a derby vs. Man Utd in 1996 at the Abbey Pub, at the time just about the only place in Chicago that showed English matches. On TV at home was a pipe dream, and peer-to-peer streaming? Not on a 14.4k modem...

geezerkid said:

I know there is a Blue pub in San Francisco, can't remember the name though. Anyways, just about any English pub will show whatever matches are on. The early matches may be tough but a combination of ESPN, FSC and internet at home has done me well (have missed 1 televised match in the last 3 years). FSC is showing at least both of the New York friendlies, so find a pub and you're good.

I'm in Los Angeles, been supporting City since 2003. Started supporting City because while in Grad school, one of my students supported City and my best friend supported united and it was much more fun winding him up with anti-united stuff than having a united circlejerk. Flew over and saw City over the winter holiday in 2004. Going back this November for the Birmingham City match(as long as I can get tickets sorted). Was going to try to get to the Fulham away match too, but it was changed to the day I fly back home a couple days after I booked my flight.

Seattle by way of Detroit! Did'nt know the topic was to cry our allegiance! I dont feel the need to, i just hate red...dont even eat ketchup!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.