An apology - P12 British tourist dies after being struck by helicopter rotor blades

I agree.

I have strange reactions to things. I have shed tears over the atrocities in Ukraine and elsewhere but for some reason I just think what an idiotic way for this young man to die.

When I was younger, mid twenties, a kid near me died after being electrocuted on the railway track and I had the same reaction. Equally I would have no sympathy for myself in the same circumstances.
1. People have strange reactions to things. Emotional reactions are not created in an exact manner. There's frequently little relationship between strength (or lack) of feeling, and the actual moral case.
2. People are fickle. I can see you getting a different reaction for posting more or less the same thing in a slightly different way. If you were just another "frother", you'd attract like minded people. And others would ignore the whole thing, because engaging with emotional idiots is not fun. For me, it's the matter of fact way you explained your view and hinted that it might not be normal that really opened it up to people discussing it more.

@DrBlueBob I think you have been very brave in coming back and apologising for what was obviously a hasty post.

Well done sir.
Thankyou EB. I think the use of the term lack of sympathy is what has done for me. As a couple of others have said, it's a daft way to go.

How did you die?

I walked backwards into some spinning rotor blades.

You did what?!

My terminology was super insensitive though. I can't begin to imagine what his family are going through.

I guess I am separating the lad's action and the actual consequence of said action and was really only commenting on the former.

Surely the solution, in this H&S age, is stop the doors opening until the blades have fully stopped moving.

That being said, you don’t hear of many of this type of accident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.