An apology - P12 British tourist dies after being struck by helicopter rotor blades

He’s a young lad with a brain that’s not yet fully formed, which takes most people until they’re about 25. It’s why younger people are disproportionately affected by doing ‘stupid‘ things‘, as their perception of risk is way off.
It’s why they make good soldiers in war and why it’s the first age group to be conscripted!

As I never met the lad, I’d rather celebrate a 22 year old, being and acting 22, not bemoaning him being stupid, or anything similar.

He now joins at least 230 recorded incidents of ‘death by selfie’. I look forward to the WHO, and some government ministry, suggesting banning phones that can take pictures.……

What a weird thread. Its moved quickly from beating up @DrBlueBob for not being sensitive enough to puns on decapitation.

Poor/silly guy. But approx 150,000 died today in addition to him, its very difficult to feel true sympathy for all of them. 800 drowned, 3400 RTA's, over 2,000 committed suicide, 1000 were murdered. We are sometimes guilty of faux sympathy.

He’s a young lad with a brain that’s not yet fully formed, which takes most people until they’re about 25. It’s why younger people are disproportionately affected by doing ‘stupid‘ things‘, as their perception of risk is way off.
It’s why they make good soldiers in war and why it’s the first age group to be conscripted!

As I never met the lad, I’d rather celebrate a 22 year old, being and acting 22, not bemoaning him being stupid, or anything similar.

He now joins at least 230 recorded incidents of ‘death by selfie’. I look forward to the WHO, and some government ministry, suggesting banning phones that can take pictures.……
I agree with all of that. As an instant judgement I saw his photo and thought what a nice lad.

What a weird thread. Its moved quickly from beating up @DrBlueBob for not being sensitive enough to puns on decapitation.

Poor/silly guy. But approx 150,000 died today in addition to him, its very difficult to feel true sympathy for all of them. 800 drowned, 3400 RTA's, over 2,000 committed suicide, 1000 were murdered. We are sometimes guilty of faux sympathy.
"We are sometimes guilty of faux sympathy." Not me, not today.

Funny isn't it?

I am quite ok with the criticism, it's all part of a healthy debate and I have to own my comments.

Im not calling you anything my fellow blue. Just trying to say that there are better things in life than to respond to a news article in such a manner. Of course he should have been more sensible. I agree fully with that. Perhaps better to just post the article without comment but then again each to their own. No offense by me meant in the slightest as im sure there wasnt by you. Just a tragic situation for those involved.
I kind of agree. Soyou in anywayrt of why I posted the thread to see if I am a twat.

Turns out that I am.

But still, just to compound my error, isn't it rather obvious to be careful when getting out of a helicopter?

I'll apologise and leave it there .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.