An Important Message For Cyclists

I don't know maybe not wanting to harm another human being badly even a fuck nut. Not wanting your own vehicle damaged, the hassle of going thru insurance. Not wanting to see a cyclist take out a pedestrian.

Anyhow it seems odd not to comment on situations where people do daft things that could cause self harm. But obviously you have never done that:-)

Tis just a forum where people comment on all sorts of important and non Important things.
Seemingly misinterpreting the bit where I say only when they’re putting only themselves at risk. The conversation has moved on a bit from when we were discussing why motorists get upset about cyclists not wearing helmets or wearing lycra.

I'd like to think that most cyclists regard me as a nice considerate driver, who waits patiently for a suitable overtaking opportunity. But the one's who get together in big groups on a Sunday morning wearing identical Lycra uniforms, and think it is ok to obstruct the road riding in a peloton formation no doubt think I am a total twat.
1705593355537.png

I meant it as you mentioned, to highlight the dangers on the road. Besides that, bikes should really only be used by school boys and factory workers going to work.

Not a fan of old fat gutted blokes trundling along slowly thinking they look like Bradley Wiggins?

It's like a learner driver wearing a crash helmet and Mclaren overalls getting into their Corsa SX

I'd like to think that most cyclists regard me as a nice considerate driver, who waits patiently for a suitable overtaking opportunity. But the one's who get together in big groups on a Sunday morning wearing identical Lycra uniforms, and think it is ok to obstruct the road riding in a peloton formation no doubt think I am a total twat.
“Obstructing” the road or simply going slower?

Seemingly misinterpreting the bit where I say only when they’re putting only themselves at risk. The conversation has moved on a bit from when we were discussing why motorists get upset about cyclists not wearing helmets or wearing lycra.

Ermmm..... like in the vast majority of cases they are actually aware of what may happen. Trying to back out of what you meant with pedantry shall no't work young man.

Make sure you look over your shoulder when you do though:-)

Not a fan of old fat gutted blokes trundling along slowly thinking they look like Bradley Wiggins?

It's like a learner driver wearing a crash helmet and Mclaren overalls getting into their Corsa SX
It really isn’t. Lycra is a material that wicks away moisture helping the person wearing it to feel more comfortable. It’s not supposed to be a fashion statement.

I drive, I cycle... but when cycling I assume everyone drives like a **** (even though the majority do not) - it's the only way to stay alive
Same. I think if your average brain dead "bloody cyclists" twat spent one day using the third world cycling infrastructure in this country they'd quickly wisen up

(actually scrap that - third world countries are better at cycling than we are)

Absolute, utter fucking drivel spoken by cunts.

It's more akin to wearing football shorts when playing football, or swimming trunks when going swimming, or salopettes when skiing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.