An Important Message For Cyclists

I'd like to think that most cyclists regard me as a nice considerate driver, who waits patiently for a suitable overtaking opportunity. But the one's who get together in big groups on a Sunday morning wearing identical Lycra uniforms, and think it is ok to obstruct the road riding in a peloton formation no doubt think I am a total twat.
Riding two up is safer as it minimises close passes by thick twats in cars who have no spatial awareness.

Read the highway code.

Depends if the ones on the right are trying to beat their personal record or not. Cause if they are no slow accelerating vehicle behind, bend approaching or anything else will come into their heads.

Get the fuck out of my way I'm gonna get home in less than 29 mins 34 seconds or die trying.
Just overtake when it is safe to do so. I'd suggest just before a bend ins't a safe place to overtake.

You can always spot a poor overtake from miles away as the driver will be either dangerously close, or on the brakes the moment they've passed (must get in front drivers).

I meant it as you mentioned, to highlight the dangers on the road. Besides that, bikes should really only be used by school boys and factory workers going to work.
Cars should then only be driven by high ranking executives or those travelling long distances, that is what they are designed for. Everyone else not fitting that criteria should utilise public transport as much as possible, correct?

“Obstructing” the road or simply going slower?
At the Risk of getting into a VAR type discussion, I would call forming a 20 mph moving roadblock longer than an Artic on a country road obstruction. I accept the highway code might not view it that way but surely it is unnecessary and dangerous, or just plain inconsiderate. I have witnessed many near misses with people trying to overtake them in unsuitable locations. I haven't done so myself, I just make my feelings known by "alerting them to my presence", with the usual flip the bird responses.

At the Risk of getting into a VAR type discussion, I would call forming a 20 mph moving roadblock longer than an Artic on a country road obstruction. I accept the highway code might not view it that way but surely it is unnecessary and dangerous, or just plain inconsiderate. I have witnessed many near misses with people trying to overtake them in unsuitable locations. I haven't done so myself, I just make my feelings known by "alerting them to my presence", with the usual flip the bird responses.
Shut the fuck up then pal.

Riding two up is safer as it minimises close passes by thick twats in cars who have no spatial awareness.

Read the highway code.
Totally agree. I am not talking about two-up. I am talking about groups of 12/14/16 riding two-up in a long line (peloton). One local cycling club near me seems to do it every Sunday morning in the summer.

Totally agree. I am not talking about two-up. I am talking about groups of 12/14/16 riding two-up in a long line (peloton). One local cycling club near me seems to do it every Sunday morning in the summer.
Sounds like they are doing absolutely nothing wrong. Overtake when it is safe to do so. And by the next set of traffic lights you'll both being in the exact same place anyway.

Where you off to in such a rush on a Sunday morning that being inconvenienced by a few seconds is wrecking your life so much? Stick Cerys Matthews on 6 Music and chill out.

Cycling at club level is an expensive hobby. Those guys will all be motorists too, you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.