An open letter to Garry Cook......

moonies lovechild said:
City Soul Boy said:
100% how i feel , i will back mancini obviously but what a dire disgraceful unprofessional way to treat mark hughes ,could it not have been done in a more civilised way surely mark hughes deserved that .

How would you have done it? Just curious[/quote
Not behind is back for a start mancini was virtually sat in his chair before hughes was told !

Ricster said:
moonies lovechild said:
How would you have done it? Just curious

It should have been done today in all fairness,. but whats done is done. We cant change a thing.

If we had done it today the Club would have been slated again.

After yesterdays game no-one from the Club would have spoken to the media, the rumours would have gathered strength and everyone would be saying why don't they put him out of his misery.

The way I see it there is no perfect way to handle these things but like you say Ricster whats done is done.

Thenumber1blue said:
Didnt Hughes and Co do the same too Dunney ? I'm sorry but thats just football nowadays.

What I was thinking

I also wonder about Hughes's statement that he didn't know he was getting the boot before the game.
Why, in that case, did he say his farewell at the end. Was he told at half time?

What really puzzles me is Gus Hiddinks agent. He came out to the press on Friday.

Did this make Hughes's position untennable?

Was Hiddink being lined up for the summer, not for half way through this season?

Has Hiddink's agent now pissed on his clients chips?

I suggested we do this earlier this morning and got hammered for it! You make some valid points, I doubt Mr Cock will explain his reasoning. Everyone will be watching him very closely now.

Tueartssocktags said:
Dear Mr Cook,
I am writing to express my feelings further to the events of yesterday as a loyal seasoncard holder and Manchester City supporter for over 40 years.
It is my personal view that Mark Hughes was making good and steady progress for our club following the breathtaking and overwhelming support we have received from our new owners.
However, if the consencus of the profesional people who own and run our club is that Roberto Mancini can develop the club more effectively than Mr.Hughes then I for one am more than willing to support and back that judgement.
What rankles with me, and I suspect a great many City fans, is the terrible and disrespectful manner in which the club have handled this decision.
Since the takeover we have been villified extremely unfairly in almost every quarter of the media, overnight we went from 'loveable little City with the great fans' to a club determined to 'ruin football' with delusions of grandeur above it's station.
As supporters we have been slowly but surely coming to terms with this and learning to live with daily dross written about our beloved club. Throughout all of this time Mark Hughes handled himself with incredible dignity and fought our corner in an admirable, determined manner clearly with the clubs best interests at heart.
Unfortunately Mr Cook I cannot say the same for you.
To be issuing statements relating to Mr Hughes' future whilst a game is in progress and to clearly have been in discussions with his successor well in advance of his demise is utterly despicable and has heaped damage on our club's reputation, giving the gutter press yet more ammunition.
Additionally by handling matters in this way you have massively increased the pressure on Mr. Mancini to succeed whilst doubtless alienating the vast majority of our squad from him.
For someone with your obvious integrity and experience in business I am staggered and quite frankly appalled at the way you have handled this matter and feel strongly that you owe Mr. Hughes and indeed all of us supporters a full and frank explanation of the events.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael Billings, seasoncard holder block 228.

Agree with 90% your sentiments - the only thing i fundamentaly disagree with ie "have been in discussions with his successor well in advance of his demise is utterly despicable" - i would have been more utterely pissed off and the club would have been wide open for ridicule had Cook not had a manager lined up move straight in after sacking Hughes.

I suspect Hughes was always going to go and Mancini was always going to come in - if reports are to be believed that it was decided that Hughes was going after the Hull game the Arse and Chelski games only delayed the inevitable and the Spurs game coupled with the statement from Hiddinxks agent merely defined when Hughes was too be sacked.

Great letter and probably how a majority of our fans feel. Mr Cook, you should be ashamed of yourself. You could quite easily have done it Monday and without Mancini present. We wouldn't have had half the bad press we're having now. Our club is tarnished for ever. Thank you.

City Soul Boy said:

How would you have done it? Just curious[/quote
Not behind is back for a start mancini was virtually sat in his chair before hughes was told !

But surely having Mancini in place already makes good sense. We have 3 games coming up in quick succession and we couldn't have gone into them with a Caretaker Manager. Once the decision to get rid of Hughes had been made City had to make sure a replacement was lined up. Or we could have gone through the charade of saying we have no lined up with every man and his dog knowing it was going to be Mancini and then a week later he arrives

Barker said:
GROW A FUCKING PAIR AND MOVE ON!!

I have no idea where you work but picture this : Your boss has lead you to believe you've been doing a good job, you come into work one day and discover that in reality the opposite is in fact his view and also find out that you're out of a job and not only that but you're replacement has effectively already been appointed. How humiliating and incredibly unprofessional of your boss when all that was needed was some honestly and integrity. Still, i'm sure if that ever happens to you, you'll not be at all aggrieved and will instantly grow a f**king pair and move on.

Tueartssocktags said:
Dear Mr Cook,
I am writing to express my feelings further to the events of yesterday as a loyal seasoncard holder and Manchester City supporter for over 40 years.
It is my personal view that Mark Hughes was making good and steady progress for our club following the breathtaking and overwhelming support we have received from our new owners.
However, if the consencus of the profesional people who own and run our club is that Roberto Mancini can develop the club more effectively than Mr.Hughes then I for one am more than willing to support and back that judgement.
What rankles with me, and I suspect a great many City fans, is the terrible and disrespectful manner in which the club have handled this decision.
Since the takeover we have been villified extremely unfairly in almost every quarter of the media, overnight we went from 'loveable little City with the great fans' to a club determined to 'ruin football' with delusions of grandeur above it's station.
As supporters we have been slowly but surely coming to terms with this and learning to live with daily dross written about our beloved club. Throughout all of this time Mark Hughes handled himself with incredible dignity and fought our corner in an admirable, determined manner clearly with the clubs best interests at heart.
Unfortunately Mr Cook I cannot say the same for you.
To be issuing statements relating to Mr Hughes' future whilst a game is in progress and to clearly have been in discussions with his successor well in advance of his demise is utterly despicable and has heaped damage on our club's reputation, giving the gutter press yet more ammunition.
Additionally by handling matters in this way you have massively increased the pressure on Mr. Mancini to succeed whilst doubtless alienating the vast majority of our squad from him.
For someone with your obvious integrity and experience in business I am staggered and quite frankly appalled at the way you have handled this matter and feel strongly that you owe Mr. Hughes and indeed all of us supporters a full and frank explanation of the events.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael Billings, seasoncard holder block 228.
Hope he termanates your season card for wasting all your time posting this on a fans forum.

citymad said:
Great letter and probably how a majority of our fans feel. Mr Cook, you should be ashamed of yourself. The club could easily have done it Monday and without Mancini present. We wouldn't have half the bad press were having now.

Had Hughes not been sacked the press - media etc would be taking the piss out of our defense and how piss poor we are. Press are going to have a go at us no matter what. It could have been done Monday but i guess Mancini wanted to see the team play first hand but i agree i feel a little uneasy in the manner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.