And he goes by the name of Alvarez...good luck Julian!

Atleti are the third richest club in the second richest league and have not been shy in spending huge money over the last decade, they aren't paupers.

Don't see what your second point has got to do with the fee we got.

Certainly not stating Atleti are paupers but you have to remain realistic in the market conditions you're operating within, especially with more clubs paying attention to PSR. At the end of the day Atleti were never going to repeat the same mistake they made 4 or 5 years ago with Felix & pay north of £100m for another striker.

I couldn't see another club paying £100m plus for Alvarez as you were hoping for unless it was another Premiership club. Which then led me to my second point that whilst clubs can agree a transfer fee its still up to the player to decide if they want to go to a particular club. I suspect Alvarez would prefer to go a Spanish club rather than another Premiership club & it suited both parties as opposed to selling him to another Premiership club for a slightly higher fee & facing him on a regular basis domestically.

Gutted Julian has left, thought he did really well for us last season when Haaland was injured.

Never good to see great players that have grown at the club leave but with the deal we got for him and the minutes he likely would’ve got this season (if Erling stays fit) I can understand it. Everyone has a price at the end of the day, we brought him in for not a lot of money and made a lot.

Good player? Definitely.

Legend? No chance. That comes with longevity.

Wish him all the best and move on. Simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.