And he goes by the name of Alvarez...good luck Julian!

If push comes to shove, and we don’t sign another striker, I’m sure I read/heard that Oscar can play centrally.

Or, if necessary, play with a false nine, as we did the season before Erling arrived. It didn’t do us any harm then, and I’m sure it would work again.
Grealish and Foden can play down the middle as well if it comes to that. I don't think we're going to struggle to fill Alvarez's position.

Last edited:
Feels like there has been something between him and Pep right? Doesn't mention Pep in his goodbyes and he was also having a semi go a couple of weeks ago of not getting enough playing time. Probably a win win for everyone given the fee involved. Little bit sad to see him go, but don't think we'll miss him too much.
i heard that pep found out about him wanting to leave from the media and was not happy about it, he prefers to be told directly. and pep did look pissed off when asked about it.

Really disappointed to see Alvarez leave but understandable under the circumstances .... genuinely thought he'd stay another year but c'est la vie and i'd wish him the best in Spain .... he caught a bit of flak for his No10 role weaknesses last season despite Pep continually picking him there ... thought he was brilliant during Haaland absence and made a significant contribution to this year's title glory .... great work rate, his press was phenomenal, good finisher and came across as a good pro who was liked by all within the group.

Was there for his crucially important beauty v Fulham at the end of 22/23 season and again for his title winning goal v Chelsea the same season.

But we move on and an opportunity for one of our youngsters to thrive ....

Two points which I think you're not taking into account & are key.

The first one is its outstanding business for City to gain £82 from a club outside of the Premiership. The two examples you've quoted are for transfers going to Premiership teams where currently the money is.

The second point is its obvious the player himself was only going to transfer out of Manchester City for a club & environment he wanted to go to & probably more easy for him to settle into.
Atleti are the third richest club in the second richest league and have not been shy in spending huge money over the last decade, they aren't paupers.

Don't see what your second point has got to do with the fee we got.

Couldn't ask for much more from a punt on an unproven young forward, scored loads of goals, won loads of trophies and made us loads of money. Good luck in Spain, hope you win loads of domestic trophies and don't knock us out of Europe.

Am I right in thinking the only two competitions he's entered and not won at least once are the league cup and the Olympics? Because that's fucking mental.

Wish him well, One story ends and Somebody else will begin.
1894 the wheels first turned and they will keep on turning, Players come and go all the time but the joy of seeing somebody else hungry for the Badge and Shirt will always keep us singing the blues home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.