And he goes by the name of Alvarez...good luck Julian!

Feels like there has been something between him and Pep right? Doesn't mention Pep in his goodbyes and he was also having a semi go a couple of weeks ago of not getting enough playing time. Probably a win win for everyone given the fee involved. Little bit sad to see him go, but don't think we'll miss him too much.

We will miss him, quality player that many didnt apprecaite as much as they should. No issue with letting him go if he wanted to leave to be the main man somewhere else but got issues with how its happened.

Don't like the fact this wasn't done much earlier, feel like city should have said, you do this before playing in the copa/olympics or you wait until next summer as It's left us in a hole now in the week leading upto the season starting. He's got what he wants, Atleti have their man and we're left with a problem.

We absolutely need a replacement in a market where there's a dearth of quality strikers and I'm not entirely confident we will get what we need.

Also feel like we've let him go way too cheaply. This is a market where solanke has just gone for £65 million. Hojlund went for £72 million last summer and were getting a lower fee than those initially and potentially a fraction more. He's young, was tied to a long contract and in high demand, we should easily have been banking north of £100 million for him, anybody else selling him this summer gets that.

Good luck to him, hopefully simeone doesnt turn him into a complete raging twat. We move on, I'm hoping for a busy week for txiki now.

Two points which I think you're not taking into account & are key.

The first one is its outstanding business for City to gain £82 from a club outside of the Premiership. The two examples you've quoted are for transfers going to Premiership teams where currently the money is.

The second point is its obvious the player himself was only going to transfer out of Manchester City for a club & environment he wanted to go to & probably more easy for him to settle into.

Incredible player and person. Best of luck to him. We will miss you.

Feels like there has been something between him and Pep right? Doesn't mention Pep in his goodbyes and he was also having a semi go a couple of weeks ago of not getting enough playing time. Probably a win win for everyone given the fee involved. Little bit sad to see him go, but don't think we'll miss him too much.
He's been trying to justify his greed by manufacturing some weird unfounded beef with Pep. It's all about money

I’m not sad he left one bit.

Appreciate his contribution but I never took to him and I’m not in least bit gutted he’s gone.

Wish him all the best though.

Next….

All the best to Julian, I liked the lad and he played some excellent games for us - his contributions during the early part of last season when Kev was out of action can’t be underestimated. Always worked his arse off and took some wonderful set pieces.

Can’t blame him too much for leaving if, after all, he wants more minutes in his best position. Was never going to happen with Erling here but he was a valuable part of our treble winning side, let’s not forget that.

Feel a bit gutted Julian Alvarez has gone, i felt the same when Leroy Sane went, i hate seeing really good players leave City. People may say City made a nice few quid on him, in years gone £82m would have been really handy, but it's not really about the money anymore with City, anyhow, hope he does well and not come back and haunt us, probably will. Thing is now will City replace him or do we stick with Oscar ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.