And so it begins...

Bluewonder said:
karen7 said:
supercity88 said:
Everyone is forgetting two other players we have who are possibly up for sale. One being Negredo - £15-20m (wants to leave) the other being Jimmy £15m who also may wish to leave. The club will have to decide what to do on the others. Rodwell will get around the £10m mark, most clubs will feel he can make a contribution, he hasn't been injured in a while now, he just hasn't played and if he passes a medical another club may feel he is worth a punt.

Promoted teams who have some cash to splash may feel he is worthwhile, Garcia as well looked very solid and comfortable on the ball at the end of the season, foreign clubs would probably offer £10m for him. We are in a position whereby we could sell a lot of players to bring in 2 big names.

I think the Juve stuff is Tolmie expressing his wishes in terms of the clubs transfer dealings. Barkley seems more realistic with our need for English players. We need to change the clubs identity to supporting homegrown talents rather than stifling it - as is the mass opinion because of Johnson, Rodwell, Richards, Milner etc (poorly educated opinion I would add).

I am not too concerned about us adding Vidal or Pogba, if we keep Yaya then we will be fine for a couple of seasons and those two have one recently emerged as top players... there will be others. With Fernando and Fernandinho, and indeed Zuchulini we have a mix of youth and experience, and a lot of dynamism in that midfield that a Barkley or creative player will thrive on.

Negredo does not want to leave,see OS twitter question film

But he isn't just going to come out and say to a fan that he wants to leave, is he!

No, But if he was asking to leave then firstly I don't think the club would choose him to answers questions and secondly they wouldn't choose that question for him to answer. That said it doesn't mean if the right offer came in it wouldn't be considered by club or player.

karen7 said:
Bluewonder said:
karen7 said:

But he isn't just going to come out and say to a fan that he wants to leave, is he!

So he looked down the camera and said he is very happy and is not leaving despite the chatter he has heard about it? So are you saying he is lying? The club chooses the twitter questions so they are putting the rumours to bed in a nice subtle way

I don't choose to take what the club provides in these kind of things very seriously. They can edit/script or stage any of these things for PR reasons. According to Tolm (whose information can be taken with equal scepticism) Negredo isn't happy because of non-footballing reasons. Personally I hope he stays unless there is potential for a big name midfielder to come in so we can strengthen in that position for the longer term. But both he and Milner are two players that we can probably offload for the right price and replace with other options.

karen7 said:
Bluewonder said:
karen7 said:

So he looked down the camera and said he is very happy and is not leaving despite the chatter he has heard about it? So are you saying he is lying? The club chooses the twitter questions so they are putting the rumours to bed in a nice subtle way

Try going into work tomorrow and tell everyone that you are leaving - in an instant people treat you differently, they bypass you, ignore you etc. It will be the same in the footballing world. He may want out, he may not, I have no idea but if he has any sense he will keep it between himself and the senior management at the club. "So Alvaro are you looking to leave Manchester City". "Yes, my family dislike Manchester a great deal, it only has one restaurant: as we speak my agent is whoring me around Europe trying to find me another club (Mierda there goes my loyalty bonus)".

supercity88 said:
karen7 said:
Bluewonder said:

I don't choose to take what the club provides in these kind of things very seriously. They can edit/script or stage any of these things for PR reasons. According to Tolm (whose information can be taken with equal scepticism) Negredo isn't happy because of non-footballing reasons. Personally I hope he stays unless there is potential for a big name midfielder to come in so we can strengthen in that position for the longer term. But both he and Milner are two players that we can probably offload for the right price and replace with other options.

If he goes you have to replace his 20+ goals in all comps,that would have to be a mid who can do that or another striker.we cant hope that sergio and jojo stay fit,dzeko is not superman after all.I believe alf when he says he is staying but time will tell

With all the clues etc I'm pretty sure Barkley is on to sign and we will be getting encouraging signs.

Cannot see any of the Arsenal HG coming and cannot see us affording Pogba as well as Barkley

Any other HG who could interest us

Stones from Everton
Hopefully not Zaha
Sterling but cannot see Dippers selling
Sturridge as above
Maybe on of the young lads from Palace?

karen7 said:
supercity88 said:
karen7 said:

If he goes you have to replace his 20+ goals in all comps,that would have to be a mid who can do that or another striker.we cant hope that sergio and jojo stay fit,dzeko is not superman after all.I believe alf when he says he is staying but time will tell

or a different style of play that spreads those goals across the rest of the team, or makes us more defensively solid so that we don't need to score as many goals.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
karen7 said:
supercity88 said:

or a different style of play that spreads those goals across the rest of the team, or makes us more defensively solid so that we don't need to score as many goals.

Why would pellers change the set up that won a double?

Thenumber1blue said:
Does anyone seriously fuckin think we'll get £10 million for Rodwell. Even the Zaha thing would be more likely.

You going to be offering £100 if we sell Rodwell?

karen7 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
karen7 said:

Why would pellers change the set up that won a double?

Do you mean the one that got found out in Europe?

We have 3 out and out strikers, one is top draw, the other two are decent. If selling one of the decent ones meant bringing in a top midfielder that improved the team then I would do that.

Not many of the top teams play 2 strikers anyway, and everytime we have tried it against the top teams I think we've looked more vulnerable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.