And so it begins...

chris85mcfc said:
karen7 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
or a different style of play that spreads those goals across the rest of the team, or makes us more defensively solid so that we don't need to score as many goals.

Why would pellers change the set up that won a double?

Do you mean the one that got found out in Europe?

We have 3 out and out strikers, one is top draw, the other two are decent. If selling one of the decent ones meant bringing in a top midfielder that improved the team then I would do that.

Not many of the top teams play 2 strikers anyway, and everytime we have tried it against the top teams I think we've looked more vulnerable

I think the signing of Fernando was very telling in Pellegrini wanting to change the system. Him and (hopefully) Mangala should toughen us up defence wise. And if you add in Barkley (if we sign him) who is an attack minded midfielder we shouldn't in theory suffer from selling Negrado.

chris85mcfc said:
karen7 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
or a different style of play that spreads those goals across the rest of the team, or makes us more defensively solid so that we don't need to score as many goals.

Why would pellers change the set up that won a double?

We have 3 out and out strikers, one is top draw, the other two are decent. If selling one of the decent ones meant bringing in a top midfielder that improved the team then I would do that.

Not many of the top teams play 2 strikers anyway, and everytime we have tried it against the top teams I think we've looked more vulnerable

pellers insisted last year that he must have 4 strikers,now he may change or just drop one for some games as he did towards the end of the season.He was made to change because of injuries so he might change his thinking now he see's that it worked
I can't wait to see what he does and we may get an idea from the games in the USA when he has most of the lads back
Tactics aren't really my strong point to be honest,i know my limitations!

chris85mcfc said:

[bigimg]http://lh5.ggpht.com/-9WdEHWRUD-0/UqeCHU-UWhI/AAAAAAAAA-U/Pk7qB4GmK-U/s0/lololol.gif[/bigimg]

Also, Fernando and his 20+ games worth of CL experience will see to that midfielder you want.

pudge said:
chris85mcfc said:

[bigimg]http://lh5.ggpht.com/-9WdEHWRUD-0/UqeCHU-UWhI/AAAAAAAAA-U/Pk7qB4GmK-U/s0/lololol.gif[/bigimg]

Also, Fernando and his 20+ games worth of CL experience will see to that midfielder you want.
Didn't Dzeko start on his own up front in that game?

Joehannes said:
pudge said:
chris85mcfc said:

Yeah, with Silva in behind!

Bluewonder said:
Joehannes said:
pudge said:

Yeah, with Silva in behind!

ooh-matron.gif

Thenumber1blue said:
RandomJ said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Does anyone seriously fuckin think we'll get £10 million for Rodwell. Even the Zaha thing would be more likely.

You going to be offering £100 if we sell Rodwell?
Yeah fuck it ,if we get £10 million for him.
Count me in but I believe ur money is well safe, his potential is worth 10 mill but his fitness ain't worth 10 quid.

Joehannes said:
pudge said:
chris85mcfc said:

Yes he did with Silva just floating off him.

The lad above summed it up nicely for me, Fernando will be a huge difference in Europe and hopefully the solidity of him and Mangala will make us harder to beat.

So if we could sell Negredo and Milner (or Garcia) and then the likes of Micah and Guidetti then perhaps use that money for Barkley then id be all in for that, its a bit of a long shot tho and once Mangala comes in im pretty happy with the squad as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.