And so it begins...

adrianr said:
fbloke said:
I'm amused by the shit thrown at TH (and others) by people who seem to attach huge importance to every word, video or comment posted by him.

Whether he is a well connected and informed person or not matters less than the way YOU take what is posted and how you react to it.

If you feel the need to vent on here about it or try to 'spoil' the enjoyment that others have on such threads I would think that it is YOU that has an issue with managing your emotions and perhaps you need to reevaluate your relationship with the internet.

Now of course you can now flame me and abuse me and try to get the last word in on this matter but I would again suggest that it shows that YOU have an issue and nobody else.

I'm just amused by how this same shit comes up every. single. bloody. window. It's cookie cutter. You could copy and paste the same thread twice a year until the end of time, save us all the bother.

So why do people of a certain mindset get so exasperated and emotional then?

citoeast said:
fbloke said:
I'm amused by the shit thrown at TH (and others) by people who seem to attach huge importance to every word, video or comment posted by him.

Whether he is a well connected and informed person or not matters less than the way YOU take what is posted and how you react to it.

If you feel the need to vent on here about it or try to 'spoil' the enjoyment that others have on such threads I would think that it is YOU that has an issue with managing your emotions and perhaps you need to reevaluate your relationship with the internet.

Now of course you can now flame me and abuse me and try to get the last word in on this matter but I would again suggest that it shows that YOU have an issue and nobody else.

Many young posters on here keen to have news on the club they support. TH has built up his own importance and cult status very deliberately. It is clear to me he has some knowledge but not inside club knowledge, probably media knowledge (e.g. making an announcement very shortly before sky video released confirming effectively what he said). Mangala EVERYONE knew about. Perhaps it would be better if TH evaluated his relationship with the internet and his need for attention at the expense of young or less astute fans. All fine to call it 'entertainment' but it is a transfer forum and no one would be interested UNLESS they had belief the information and the source of the information had some inside knowledge.

The problem with what you say is that its you making assumptions about who, what and why.

Who says the people that get so agitated are young and impressionable? Its not as I understand it from my experience on here.

Also you have allowed what/who you believe TH is to colour your opinion of what he posts and indeed why.

You have also created in your mind HIS motivation for doing what he does which comes back down to you adding your own values etc onto someone else's posts.

When its weighed and measured the internet is a strange place because it allows us (and that includes YOU) to fill in gaps of knowledge of anonymised posters with our own values and beliefs etc.

Guess what, we are all very likely to be way off in those assumptions and that includes me too, if I am foolish enough to do so.

Have a think about the voice you read posts in in your head.

Is it YOUR voice or do you create certain inflections and stresses to match the persona you have created for people?

Thats a natural thing to do of course and we all do it.

We all need to understand that WE create the voice and add the image of the poster on internet forums unless we know them.

But I bet we all get it very, very wrong.

fbloke said:
citoeast said:
fbloke said:

Many young posters on here keen to have news on the club they support. TH has built up his own importance and cult status very deliberately. It is clear to me he has some knowledge but not inside club knowledge, probably media knowledge (e.g. making an announcement very shortly before sky video released confirming effectively what he said). Mangala EVERYONE knew about. Perhaps it would be better if TH evaluated his relationship with the internet and his need for attention at the expense of young or less astute fans. All fine to call it 'entertainment' but it is a transfer forum and no one would be interested UNLESS they had belief the information and the source of the information had some inside knowledge.

The problem with what you say is that its you making assumptions about who, what and why.

Who says the people that get so agitated are young and impressionable? Its not as I understand it from my experience on here.

Also you have allowed what/who you believe TH is to colour your opinion of what he posts and indeed why.

You have also created in your mind HIS motivation for doing what he does which comes back down to you adding your own values etc onto someone else's posts.

When its weighed and measured the internet is a strange place because it allows us (and that includes YOU) to fill in gaps of knowledge of anonymised posters with our own values and beliefs etc.

Guess what, we are all very likely to be way off in those assumptions and that includes me too, if I am foolish enough to do so.

Is it YOUR voice or do you create certain inflections and stresses to match the persona you have created for people?

We all need to understand that WE create the voice and add the image of the poster on internet forums unless we know them.

Great post, couldn't agree more.

I just like to hear the stories before they come out in the tabloids, and at least there is some substance to the rumours on here, as opposed to a lot of the made up stories in papers like the "Mirror".

fbloke said:
citoeast said:
fbloke said:

Perhaps it's because he/she is young and impressionable? And I believe you're correct in that the ones who get so het up about it all are anything but young.

If you like TH's posts, read away, If not, don't bother.

Some like his stuff and have a a belief that he's ITK, some don't.

He has as much right as anyone else to post his opinion on here. I really can't see what the problem is.

TBH, anyone getting "over giddy" in this window needs their head testing, it was never going to be overly exciting with the FFP restrictions.

I'd also add that it's pretty obvious we can't get busy until we ship players out and anyone who's seen us over the last few years should be well aware of how difficult that proves to be.

Davs 19 said:
If you like TH's posts, read away, If not, don't bother.

Some like his stuff and have a a belief that he's ITK, some don't.

He has as much right as anyone else to post his opinion on here. I really can't see what the problem is.

Neither can the vast majority.A shame a few antagonists think different.

Well Fbloke I referred to young and less astute, not just young. I do not fill in anything about posters. I judge TH on what he posts. It amazes me how some posters ask him questions about what MCFC will do next.

Not being judgemental because like everyone I have in the past bought into the ITK crap, now I watch on and wait for the club to speak (best ITK there is).

I am sure TH is a sound bloke but he needs to consider is it the right thing to continue these posts when it clearly misleads so many; young, less astute or very old like I am.

Rammy Blue said:
TBH, anyone getting "over giddy" in this window needs their head testing, it was never going to be overly exciting with the FFP restrictions.

I'd also add that it's pretty obvious we can't get busy until we ship players out and anyone who's seen us over the last few years should be well aware of how difficult that proves to be.

Yep. Start of the window general mood was we have 50m + around 20-30m from selling the deadwood. Now 4 weeks before the end of the window it seems we are lucky if we get 10m for our deadwood players without them staying here without playing time for a whole season on pretty good wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.