And so it begins...

Not sure why the two sides seem to clash. TH does post with assumed significance but he himself says it is in good faith. Those who question are dealt with unnecessary distain by the pro TH acolytes and told to stay off the thread. I enjoy the thread. Have enjoyed previous threads strops and all but find the stand offs equally entertaining.

citoeast said:
Many young posters on here keen to have news on the club they support. TH has built up his own importance and cult status very deliberately. It is clear to me he has some knowledge but not inside club knowledge, probably media knowledge (e.g. making an announcement very shortly before sky video released confirming effectively what he said). Mangala EVERYONE knew about. Perhaps it would be better if TH evaluated his relationship with the internet and his need for attention at the expense of young or less astute fans. All fine to call it 'entertainment' but it is a transfer forum and no one would be interested UNLESS they had belief the information and the source of the information had some inside knowledge.

Completely agree with these comments. Nicely summed up.

The strangest thing about it for me is that there is no middle ground whatsoever in peoples reactions to those who doubt the posts. People are very quick to throw heavy words about whenever anyone suggests nothing he's predicted has ever come to fruition. Nobody's willing to offer any definite examples to the contrary. Either you believe or you're painted out to be the aggressor.

Course, the wider issue of the absolute neediness of the footballing public to have every bit of information no matter how irrelevant within seconds of it even happening isn't the fault of people such as Tolmie, but they do seem to feed off it. For me it ties into the rise in the more pointless, modern elements of football tribalism, the decline of sportsmanship between supporters and even the increase in online intimidation.

Gaylord du Bois said:
1961_vintage said:
TH has turned into a bit of a cult.
That's a bit harsh.

Au contraire your Gaylordship. New as I am to the Forum, I was simply highlighting the apparent presence of a group of similar thinking individuals who could perhaps be considered the "Tolmettes".

And then we have non believers that are clearly suffering from Tolmettes Syndrome and who feel the need to have a relationship with an ethereal entity known as "the internet".

1961_vintage said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
1961_vintage said:
TH has turned into a bit of a cult.
That's a bit harsh.

Au contraire your Gaylordship. New as I am to the Forum, I was simply highlighting the apparent presence of a group of similar thinking individuals who could perhaps be considered the "Tolmettes".

And then we have non believers that are clearly suffering from Tolmettes Syndrome and who feel the need to have a relationship with an ethereal entity known as "the internet".
I've never had you down as one to miss a play on words 61 :'(

I absolutely love these threads as the excitement which surrounds the posts of alleged ITKs is tangible and genuinely absorbing. Those who post 'snippets of information' keep this board going as an interactive environment, without them the forum would be a far more boring place.

That said I find it very hard to believe that a football club of our standing would allow anything to slip out in advance of a formal announcement (ok, the Mangala thing aside), even the press are clueless. And that is to the absolute credit of City.

Keep the ITK stuff coming though , I love it and love watching the threads unfold around the OP comments.

I seriously hope Tolm doesn't bother in the future. He posts his information he receives in good faith and then just gets a bunch of fucking kids on summer holiday attack him because we haven't signed Messi. Football transfers are complicated business transactions with over a hundred different variables it is never a simple process and those with a brain know to take what he posts with a pinch of salt knowing it could or could not happen and treat it as a bit of fun. Unfortunately some idiots are not capable of doing this and if the signing doesn't happen seem to use it as a stick to beat Tolm with. The transfer forum was fucking dire before this thread was started and it's certainly helped pass the time between the world cup and the season starting again but if I were him I wouldn't bother in the future if the kids are just going to spit their dummys out.

Gaylord du Bois said:
1961_vintage said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
That's a bit harsh.

Ha ha - I didn't mate. I thought the "new to the forum" line was a clue!

1961_vintage said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
1961_vintage said:

Ha ha - I didn't mate. I thought the "new to the forum" line was a clue!
If only you realised how painful it is for me to doubt myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.