And so it begins...

I just can't understand why TH gets worked up at the musings of a few Doubting Thomases sat in front of a keyboard, quite possibly located on another continent.

It is something that is to be expected whenever anyone makes predictions in this world. You are putting yourself in the firing line and that is not without its consequences.

Does that mean that I agree with some of the things that have been posted about him from these people? Certainly not. I've heard enough about TH from people in the real world whose opinion I do value, to have formed a worthwhile and considered view of my own in that regard, but I don't understand why he would let the opinions of those who aren't as well placed as me to evaluate his veracity, bother him in the slightest. If they are not in possession of the facts, and aren't in a position to be, why does their opinion carry any particular weight?

Up to a point I care about what people think about me, if I know them, of course I do, but if some Internet warrior sat in his bedroom in Utah, who has never met me and never will, thinks I'm a liar or a ****, or worse, a rag, it makes zero difference to my life.

If they can't properly form an opinion about me and my character, why let what they think impact on my life in any way whatsoever? It doesn't make any sense to let people who are ignorant as to the facts bother you, for the very reason that they are ignorant as to the facts.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I just can't understand why TH gets worked up at the musings of a few Doubting Thomases sat in front of a keyboard, quite possibly located on another continent.

It is something that is to be expected whenever anyone makes predictions in this world. You are putting yourself in the firing line and that is not without its consequences.

Does that mean that I agree with some of the things that have been posted about him from these people? Certainly not. I've heard enough about TH from people in the real world whose opinion I do value, to have formed a worthwhile and considered view of my own in that regard, but I don't understand why he would let the opinions of those who aren't as well placed as me to evaluate his veracity, bother him in the slightest. If they are not in possession of the facts, and aren't in a position to be, why does their opinion carry any particular weight?

Up to a point I care about what people think about me, if I know them, of course I do, but if some Internet warrior sat in his bedroom in Utah, who has never met me and never will, thinks I'm a liar or a c**t, or worse, a rag, it makes zero difference to my life.

If they can't properly form an opinion about me and my character, why let what they think impact on my life in any way whatsoever? It doesn't make any sense to let people who are ignorant as to the facts bother you, for the very reason that they are ignorant as to the facts.

I'm not in Utah, yet I think you're a rag ****.

Rammy Blue said:

Up to a point I care about what people think about me, if I know them, of course I do, but if some Internet warrior sat in his bedroom in Utah, who has never met me and never will, thinks I'm a liar or a c**t, or worse, a rag, it makes zero difference to my life.

I'm not in Utah, yet I think you're a rag ****.
For the avoidance of doubt, you aren't one of those people I referred to whose opinion I value.

Just want to get Mangala done now and be pleased with our summer business on a limited budget. Without the sale of decent players we were never going to be able to afford to sign decent attacking players. It's worth remembering that the largest amount of points dropped came at the start of last season when a new manager/new first team players were settling in, when we sorted out our away form we were the best team in the league by a distance. With a world class defender signed and a good 'keeper ready to take over if Joe doesn't step up, I think we'll be as good, if not better than last year.

Rammy Blue said:

I'm not in Utah, yet I think you're a rag c**t.
For the avoidance of doubt, you aren't one of those people I referred to whose opinion I value.

GDM - Definite rag.

As a relative newcomer to the board the reaction to Tomlie is interesting to observe.

Why all the abuse for those who question him and why are they asked to keep their opinions to themselves and refrain from posting if they are not a 'believer'??

What is wrong with people saying that they think he's full of shit and knows sweet FA??

I have no strong views either way, just an interested observer. It does seem a bit North Korea, though.

citoeast said:
Well Fbloke I referred to young and less astute, not just young. I do not fill in anything about posters. I judge TH on what he posts. It amazes me how some posters ask him questions about what MCFC will do next.

Not being judgemental because like everyone I have in the past bought into the ITK crap, now I watch on and wait for the club to speak (best ITK there is).

I am sure TH is a sound bloke but he needs to consider is it the right thing to continue these posts when it clearly misleads so many; young, less astute or very old like I am.

I'd suggest mislead is a poor choice of word but then it fits with the pompous idea that TH should consider if he is doing the right thing.

OB1 said:
citoeast said:
Well Fbloke I referred to young and less astute, not just young. I do not fill in anything about posters. I judge TH on what he posts. It amazes me how some posters ask him questions about what MCFC will do next.

Not being judgemental because like everyone I have in the past bought into the ITK crap, now I watch on and wait for the club to speak (best ITK there is).

I am sure TH is a sound bloke but he needs to consider is it the right thing to continue these posts when it clearly misleads so many; young, less astute or very old like I am.

I'd suggest mislead is a poor choice of word but then it fits with the pompous idea that TH should consider if he is doing the right thing.

Absolutely. A tad too much over-analysing going on here. TH posts what he does & many of us read it with interest and then move on (to the really important threads in the Cellar).

chesterbells said:
OB1 said:
citoeast said:

Absolutely. A tad too much over-analysing going on here. TH posts what he does & many of us read it with interest and then move on (to the really important threads in the Cellar).
Well I've had a particularly poor day on the golf course today but I can tell you it pales in significance to having a right good doubting on the internet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.