Andy Carroll [Merged]

BillyShears said:
de niro said:
I can't believe how blind some people are on here, he is going to be a top notch player, I'd sign him today .

You said it last season and people mocked you Bill...I think his goal haul this season will have a lot of people eating humble pie...

hes not the only one to say it, he is going to be a handful in the prem, thought he was good when we last played them at home

wikipedia said:
Carroll has been involved in many off-the-pitch incidents in his career. On 14 September 2008, Carroll was arrested by police called to the Pudding Chare in Newcastle responding to a report that a woman had been assaulted, and later accepted a police caution for assault. In 7 December 2009, he was arrested in the aftermath of a nightclub brawl, accused of smashing glass in a man's face outside of the Blu Bambu night club in Newcastle city centre. He was also arrested after an incident on the training ground which allegedly left teammate Steven Taylor with a broken jaw.[21] He was charged with assault [22] and is currently on bail awaiting a Crown Court trial.[23]Carroll reportedly suffered a broken hand in the incident, and he was shortly photographed in a pop concert with bandages to both hands.[24] Manager Chris Hughton and club representatives declined to comment any further on the incident.[25]

Carroll, along with Scott Sinclair and Ryan Bertrand, was also sent home from the England U-19s after breaking curfew on 14 October during preparation for a match against Romania U-19s .[26]

Carroll was also involved in some training ground bust-ups. He got into a training ground fight with teammate Charles N'Zogbia over a late tackle from the Frenchman. Then-Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear decided not to punish the two, saying "It was just handbags and it's been blown out of all proportion . . . I can't stop players being passionate, and wouldn't want to. I won't be taking any action."

it dont seem to me the right CV for go in a top team.

BillyShears said:
de niro said:
I can't believe how blind some people are on here, he is going to be a top notch player, I'd sign him today .

You said it last season and people mocked you Bill...I think his goal haul this season will have a lot of people eating humble pie...

it was the season before mate when we played them away at their place, tbh anyone could see he had what it takes, he was just a kid and i felt he ran us ragged, gave dunnie the runaround something proper.

you are right though, people did mock me. i'll live:)

Mancio said:
wikipedia said:
Carroll has been involved in many off-the-pitch incidents in his career. On 14 September 2008, Carroll was arrested by police called to the Pudding Chare in Newcastle responding to a report that a woman had been assaulted, and later accepted a police caution for assault. In 7 December 2009, he was arrested in the aftermath of a nightclub brawl, accused of smashing glass in a man's face outside of the Blu Bambu night club in Newcastle city centre. He was also arrested after an incident on the training ground which allegedly left teammate Steven Taylor with a broken jaw.[21] He was charged with assault [22] and is currently on bail awaiting a Crown Court trial.[23]Carroll reportedly suffered a broken hand in the incident, and he was shortly photographed in a pop concert with bandages to both hands.[24] Manager Chris Hughton and club representatives declined to comment any further on the incident.[25]

Carroll, along with Scott Sinclair and Ryan Bertrand, was also sent home from the England U-19s after breaking curfew on 14 October during preparation for a match against Romania U-19s .[26]

Carroll was also involved in some training ground bust-ups. He got into a training ground fight with teammate Charles N'Zogbia over a late tackle from the Frenchman. Then-Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear decided not to punish the two, saying "It was just handbags and it's been blown out of all proportion . . . I can't stop players being passionate, and wouldn't want to. I won't be taking any action."

it dont seem to me the right CV for go in a top team.

Reminds me of Duncan Ferguson in so many ways.................

de niro said:
BillyShears said:

it was the season before mate when we played them away at their place, tbh anyone could see he had what it takes, he was just a kid and i felt he ran us ragged, gave dunnie the runaround something proper.

you are right though, people did mock me. i'll live:)

Have always rated him tbh...but hes toon in the blood. would he come ??

I've rated Carroll since i saw his debut(or 2nd game) for the Mags, admittedly he wasn't that impressive then and he isn't the finished article now, but when he came on as sub, the impact was instant.

Passing, control, technique etc can be learnt over time, presence is instant, he just unsettles defenders meerly by being there, he's a throw-back to the old english centre forward, thats why he'll be effective in this league of teams that try to pass the ball into the net.

He's something different, young and English. He's still learning his trade he definately one for the future and he will play for England.

I would leave him well alone, which is perhaps what England will do as well.

Capello has been warned off giving him an England start according to some members of the press, due to the fact that he may well spend some time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

And if what I know of him is even half true then he will be in the police cells a few times in the coming years as his attitude hasnt even been dented since his arrests.

Sign him up with Robert Taylor and get Joey back, we need some more dressing room banter!

Sexting Led To Fight Between Newcastle Teammates Carroll, Taylor
"A fight between Newcastle teammates Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor has left both men in the hospital. Carroll has suffered severe injuries to his hand, while Carroll had to get his jaw wired shut.
Sounds like we know who won that battle.
According to Metro, the reason behind the brawl was Carroll’s ex-girlfriend had been sending racy text messages to his team-mate, Taylor.
It is not clear whether these sexts were as racy or racier than Tiger’s. I think he has pretty much set the bar to which all future sexts will be compared.
What is this girl thinking? I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to be with Andy Carroll(?)!
First of all, he’s goofy looking as fuck. His hair looks like he hasn’t washed it in in weeks. More importantly though, he can’t seem to control his violent temper.
Carroll is due in court at the end of April having been accused of assault of a man in the Blu Bambu club last December. He is also alleged to have smashed a glass into another patron’s face.
Carroll was also warned by police over an assault on a woman in Newcastle in September 2008. Sounds like a great guy"
<a class="postlink" href="http://jockpost.com/sexting-led-fight-newcastle-teammates-carroll-taylor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://jockpost.com/sexting-led-fight-n ... ll-taylor/</a>

trueblue09 said:
thought i'd bump this thread as hes come on so well and see that you all slated big bad bojinov for saying he was going to be a good player and play for england. look whats happening now hes in line to start for england and proving hes got everything you lot said he didn't. so do any of you want to take this oppertunity to retract what you said about him and admit you were wrong ;)
No because everything is still true, he's a big, daft lump of a forward with no technical ability. He's only young so will probably improve but he will never be Alan Shearer or even close

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.