Andy Gray leaves Sky Sports (continued)

He was definitely set up. They left his mic on knowing he would make the comments, and then used the evidence they had saved from last month to backup the sacking.

Matty said:
The recent clip is clear grounds for dismissal. I would question why it's only come to light now after his lineswoman comments however. Someone at Sky SERIOUSLY had it in for him, thats surely the only explanation for this clip mysteriously coming to the attention of those in power at this stage.

Too fucking true.

He has obviously fallen out big time with one or more of the technical staff. Don't like the prick and glad he's gone but someone has definately got a ruthless revenge streak :)

Theres apparently quotes from Matterface on the Talksport website saying no fucker at Sky liked him -

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-01-25/matterface-andy-gray-wasnt-very-popular-among-people-he-worked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... -he-worked</a>

Cant look at this at work, will have a butchers when I get home. Someone was gunning for the fat tit, but he did himself no favours at all.

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Just got a copy of the MUEN and on the back page wio is saying that Sky are right to sack Gray and that their comments are " Prehistoric ".
That's got to make her happy so she will no doubt get to run the line at the swamp and carry on where all the other officals have left off.
but would it stop the huge bag of shit screaming abuse in her face, that all the dirty bstds do week in week out, when something doesnt go their way, i very much doubt it

rickmcfc said:
Do non of you think this has gone to far, infact way to far? The first comment when they thought the microphones were switched off wasnt great to hear i admit that, but what 2 blokes say to each other in private (thats what it was to their knowledge) is nothing to do with the general public. Im sure that in our groups of friends that we take the micheal out of each sex, for example i have had and overheard people joking in pubs etc about women drivers, men cant multitask etc etc. I understand why they dont want women in the game, Football is a male orientated sport (the football we all see on TV is anyway) and why should we make it multisex? Im not saying that this is what i think, but i do feel that with the introduction of female referees etc, it wil only be a matter of time when a female footballer wants to play the game against men, and that will sadly be the end of football forever, it will come to this. As for the second video where Andy Gray is pitchside with another commentator (also now suspended) are commentating on the assistants looks, how is this wrong? When im about and if i see someone who is a good looking woman, i will comment to my mates about her, and if they were to comment on someone who i didnt like and i said that i dont like her, whats wrong with this? We all do this, im sure that when groups of woman are out having a meal etc, if a good looking Italian (other nationalities are also good looking, got to be careful, cant discriminate against others) waiter serves them im sure they would comment on him in their group of women, again there is nothing wrong with this it is just an opinion and a bit of sexist banter that happens in everyday life!!!

So where do we go from here on this subject. Had sky have made them apologise to the female assistant then all this would have now blown over, they would still be in jobs, the assitant would still be at the game tonight doing here job, end of story. But because some people are so keen to get one over on someone else, this whole fiasco rumbles on. Just out of interest, what would happen if i wanted to work in La Senza as a bra fitter? I think we know the answer!

Don't buy the way you, and others, are selling. The pertinent points for me are these:

1. He was at work.
2. The sexist comments were clearly related to his ability to perform the job correctly. Part of his job is to assess the decisions of the officials and he can't do it professionally if there is bias against an official.
3. It wasn't banter. It wasn't a laugh. Have you listened to it/watched it? He's deadly serious. That man really thinks women shouldn't be officiating because they are genetically excluded from understanding the offside rule. As a result he is not fit to do his job properly.

If any of those weren't true I'd say they were wrong to sack him.

Its a shame that Keys didnt get the chop as well.

As for a replacement get Souness to do it and let him say what he wants about football truely he is the best pundit about by a long shot. Sadly I feel Sky may give it to Jamie Redknapp and he is bobbins hasnt got a scooby doo. IF not Souness then maybe 1 from these 3 Wilkins , Fat Sam or Charlie Nicolas. IF they got rid of Keys it would be made for James Richardson I cant beleive no one has snapped him up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.