Andy May

Think we were expecting another Colin Bell when we signed him from Bury. Unless my memories going again I seem to remember him missing an open goal on the line at Newcastle in the (cup ?).
Going to post the same thing, but you beat me to it.
Yes, I also remenber that miss at Newcastle away in the 68/9 season, but he got the first goal in the replay that we won 2-0 (I think). I was on the terrace opposite the main stand that day - it was so packed you couldn't turn round. Unofficially, there were over 70,000 there that day- obviously, Swalesian accounting was not confined to Maine road!

Going to post the same thing, but you beat me to it.
Yes, I also remenber that miss at Newcastle away in the 68/9 season, but he got the first goal in the replay that we won 2-0 (I think). I was on the terrace opposite the main stand that day - it was so packed you couldn't turn round. Unofficially, there were over 70,000 there that day- obviously, Swalesian accounting was not confined to Maine road!
I remember Bobby Owen equalising in a rain sodden game v Newcastle at Maine Rd, think he slid on his backside and the ball hit him and went in, the game got abandoned with the score 1-1.

He’s got a Facebook page, probably easiest way to contact him
Whenever I’m visiting Manchester from Tasmania, catch up with his brother Steve on the piss
Hiya mate, is there any chance you could PM me the link for that page?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.