Andy May

His pre-match preperation on the morning of the 10-1 was having his hair done in razors edge, royal exchange arcade, as the missus was working there

Bloody hell some great comments on here from spoilt fans. In 20 years what will it be,"zabaletta" he was shit(example). Not just saying any may was shit, but all his team mates?? Just because we're currently viewing a great side today, doesn't mean everyone back to 68 were shit. Him and team mates were city players, that makes them alright in my book.

I first really 'got into City' when Andy May was playing and was always under the impression that he was popular with the majority of Blues?

Anyway before the likes of Lakey, White, Bobbie Brightwell, Hinchcliffe etc were thrown in the most talented player City had was easily Clive Wilson. Even as a ten year old kid I could see he stood a mile over the rest.

Blue Lloyd said:
I first really 'got into City' when Andy May was playing and was always under the impression that he was popular with the majority of Blues?

Anyway before the likes of Lakey, White, Bobbie Brightwell, Hinchcliffe etc were thrown in the most talented player City had was easily Clive Wilson. Even as a ten year old kid I could see he stood a mile over the rest.

Clive never reached his potential,had great skill and vision

He turned pro at 16 had over 100 Appearances for City, played in the top league and got into the England U21 set up. He also went on to play for a very good Mick McCarthy Millwall side that just missed out on promotion to the premier league twice. So he had a 15+year career, that only tailed off due to injuries, and that's a lot longer and more than many of us have achieved. People love to hate people that get to live their dream. Plus he's a local lad. So in a nutshell he had a good career and was a solid footballer. He was a very good old division 1 (championship)/lower premier league side player.

Sorry for bumping a six year old thread, but I am trying to get in touch with Andy May, as he played for my team Huddersfield Town, can anyone help at all?

Sorry for bumping a six year old thread, but I am trying to get in touch with Andy May, as he played for my team Huddersfield Town, can anyone help at all?
He’s got a Facebook page, probably easiest way to contact him
Whenever I’m visiting Manchester from Tasmania, catch up with his brother Steve on the piss

How good were Bobby Owen or Authur Mann?
Not very lol but they like Andy were City players so that will do for me
How people can knock Andy is beyond me he was a decent player who did his best
Bobby scored 2 on his deubt in Charity shield i think

Think we were expecting another Colin Bell when we signed him from Bury. Unless my memories going again I seem to remember him missing an open goal on the line at Newcastle in the (cup ?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.