andysmanclub

How you doing now?
Getting there mate - thanks for asking. I said and posted on here back in July when I first started going, that I wanted to be a facilitator. I completed the training early in January and now help to run the sessions. It might not be right for everyone but I've had to navigate my own path and this was the biggest help for me.

Getting there mate - thanks for asking. I said and posted on here back in July when I first started going, that I wanted to be a facilitator. I completed the training early in January and now help to run the sessions. It might not be right for everyone but I've had to navigate my own path and this was the biggest help for me.
glad you're getting there mate and what a great initiative by the club and hopefully it will spin off and be available at all clubs, take tribalism out of it and football clubs are probably the biggest congregation of men who need something like this and to have it available to them would be such a benefit.

glad you're getting there mate and what a great initiative by the club and hopefully it will spin off and be available at all clubs, take tribalism out of it and football clubs are probably the biggest congregation of men who need something like this and to have it available to them would be such a benefit.
When I became a facilitator, I got a hooded jacket emblazoned with the logos on the back. It's so comfortable, I've been wearing it daily (don't worry, this is going somewhere).

I went to the Chelsea and Burnley matches recently in block 111. Before both matches, I seriously thought about whether or not to wear it. I know I shouldn't but in my mind, I was thinking "Kev, you're advertising the fact that your head isn't right and you need help".

The other voice inside was saying "Kev, where would you be without this club?" I started going because I needed support and didn't know where to turn. I saw leaflets and posters in my workplace and that's the only way I knew about it.

Ultimately, I wore my jacket to both matches because I thought to myself that if one bloke stood behind me is suffering, sees my jacket, attends a meeting and gets the support that I have, it will be worth it.

When I became a facilitator, I got a hooded jacket emblazoned with the logos on the back. It's so comfortable, I've been wearing it daily (don't worry, this is going somewhere).

I went to the Chelsea and Burnley matches recently in block 111. Before both matches, I seriously thought about whether or not to wear it. I know I shouldn't but in my mind, I was thinking "Kev, you're advertising the fact that your head isn't right and you need help".

The other voice inside was saying "Kev, where would you be without this club?" I started going because I needed support and didn't know where to turn. I saw leaflets and posters in my workplace and that's the only way I knew about it.

Ultimately, I wore my jacket to both matches because I thought to myself that if one bloke stood behind me is suffering, sees my jacket, attends a meeting and gets the support that I have, it will be worth it.
You know what mate good on you, if more people would advertise the fact that they are struggling and need a hand then more people would get help, the fact that you are advocating for people to do that by removing the stigma from it by a small gesture such as wearing a jacket is a belting thing.

Taking my 20mg of Citalopram a day is as regular as putting the kettle on or getting two slices of bread out of the freezer each morning.

If anyone wants to share my good news then today I’ve been offered a new job and also gone one step closer to getting 2022’s life saving ileostomy reversed so I no longer have to use a colostomy bag.
Marvellous news mate. One step at a time.

I need them to come back to me with a start date but I should think so. No news from the other job but it’s churlish to turn down work.
Yes, always better to be in work, keeps the mind occupied. Congratulations, it’s not easy finding work these days.

Nice one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.