anfield and goodison park.

toffeetom said:
Pezzer2 said:
Dont see why there is an argument between both sets of fans about attendences. Both clubs have amazing support, considering the success and glory hunting nature of the red s**es in both cities.

With the lack of success and our dark days in Division 2 our loyal fan base can never be questioned especially with the rags sweeping up every trophy before them. The only criticism of our fans, is our attendances in cup competitions but that applies to most clubs. Our away following has been fantastic and we have one of the top average attendances in the country even before our takeover.

Cant argue with Everton's support but I do know they dont sell out often at home. Away following is top notch admiittedly, notice they sell there allocation regularly. I always wonder though how they would be if they got relegated. I reckon they would be lucky to get 30k.

City and Everton have 2 teams in there city and pull in decent crowds. Leeds, Newcastle p**s me off going on about there support. They are a one club city, they should pull sell out every game

Agree with this, I don't know how any of our fans can criticise Manchester City because you've always had brilliant support, more or less. I would argue that we would see a rise in attendance if we were to get a new stadium, becuase new stadiums just do that, look at Arsenal and even Hull City, averaging about 10k before a new stadium and then 17 k in Division 3.

Some of our fans are bitter about other sides getting a lot of money but it's by no means the general rule. Always enjoy my trips to the COMS and will continue to do, got a lot of Man City fans as mates.

Points well made fella.

What is completely lost on a few of your fellow fans though is that if the boot was firmly on the other foot here, they would also be happy as larry. Suddenly, spunking millions into the team, ground, facilities and community wouldn't be a problem, sitting 2nd in the league with a team full of class players that have still to hit top gear would be wonderful and signing players from other sides wouldn't be the crime of the century, it would just be a simple football transaction were a team wants a player, bids for him, the player wants to move for footballing reasons(see above points)and eventually, the sale goes through.

Its the failure to keep a grasp on reality that has seen my view of Everton a club and its fans drop so low recently. The sheer bitterness shown has been a joke and i promise you this, no one has shown the bitterness that Everton fans have shown and its wearing a bit thin tbh.

Hypocrisy runs deep mate at your gaff, it started with your manager and unfortunately, way too many of your fans decided to jump on his little bandwagon.

blueinsa said:
toffeetom said:
Agree with this, I don't know how any of our fans can criticise Manchester City because you've always had brilliant support, more or less. I would argue that we would see a rise in attendance if we were to get a new stadium, becuase new stadiums just do that, look at Arsenal and even Hull City, averaging about 10k before a new stadium and then 17 k in Division 3.

Some of our fans are bitter about other sides getting a lot of money but it's by no means the general rule. Always enjoy my trips to the COMS and will continue to do, got a lot of Man City fans as mates.

Points well made fella.

What is completely lost on a few of your fellow fans though is that if the boot was firmly on the other foot here, they would also be happy as larry. Suddenly, spunking millions into the team, ground, facilities and community wouldn't be a problem, sitting 2nd in the league with a team full of class players that have still to hit top gear would be wonderful and signing players from other sides wouldn't be the crime of the century, it would just be a simple football transaction were a team wants a player, bids for him, the player wants to move for footballing reasons(see above points)and eventually, the sale goes through.

Its the failure to keep a grasp on reality that has seen my view of Everton a club and its fans drop so low recently. The sheer bitterness shown has been a joke and i promise you this, no one has shown the bitterness that Everton fans have shown and its wearing a bit thin tbh.

Hypocrisy runs deep mate at your gaff, it started with your manager and unfortunately, way too many of your fans decided to jump on his little bandwagon.

This mass wealth has brought out a rather arrogant sidef rom many blues (City) too. I cringe when I hear chants like 'we'll buy your club and burn it down'. I'm also uneasy at the money we've thrown around, not on players like Silva or Tevez, more paying way over the odds for players like Joleon and kolo which I thought wasn't needed.
Perhaps we could do with a bit of humility ourselves at time although I do understand your point about certain clubs' fans being more jealous than others.

toffeetom said:
Pezzer2 said:
Dont see why there is an argument between both sets of fans about attendences. Both clubs have amazing support, considering the success and glory hunting nature of the red s**es in both cities.

With the lack of success and our dark days in Division 2 our loyal fan base can never be questioned especially with the rags sweeping up every trophy before them. The only criticism of our fans, is our attendances in cup competitions but that applies to most clubs. Our away following has been fantastic and we have one of the top average attendances in the country even before our takeover.

Cant argue with Everton's support but I do know they dont sell out often at home. Away following is top notch admiittedly, notice they sell there allocation regularly. I always wonder though how they would be if they got relegated. I reckon they would be lucky to get 30k.

City and Everton have 2 teams in there city and pull in decent crowds. Leeds, Newcastle p**s me off going on about there support. They are a one club city, they should pull sell out every game

I'll be frank here, Everton aren't my favourite club after the performance of some of your fans post-Lescott. However, I have enjoyed reading your posts and you generally seemed clued up on the game.

Liverpool on the other hand, can get to fuck. I hope their stadium collapses in on itself during a match. Twats.

Didsbury Dave said:
standupefc said:
Everton have a larger support than Citys end of. I.

Explain this then:

Year.......Grand Old Club's attendances-------Small club's attendances
2003-04 38,943 ........................................ 46,384
2004-05 36,834 ........................................45,192
2005-06 36,704 ........................................42,856
2006-07 36,738 .........................................39,997
2007-08 36,955 ........................................42,077
2008-09 35,694 ..........................................42,887

And just for absolute fairness, these figures are BEFORE our takeover. A time when you consistently performed better than us.

Since the takeover we've been averaging 45K. This year it will be more.

It's a phrase I never ever use because I think only daft kids say it, but I'm going to have to because you did:

End of.

Dare I point out in fairness that our ground holds 8,000 more, thus depriving Everton of the ability to match our attendances?

Nicky D said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Explain this then:

And just for absolute fairness, these figures are BEFORE our takeover. A time when you consistently performed better than us.

It's a phrase I never ever use because I think only daft kids say it, but I'm going to have to because you did:

End of.

Dare I point out in fairness that our ground holds 8,000 more, thus depriving Everton of the ability to match our attendances?

Not really because Goodison holds 40,157, which they very rarely fill. That argument would wash with Spuds, who always fill their ground and will probably fill their new one. But Everton just dont get many folk along, despite their high finishes. Heaven forbid they start to fade down the league.

Mate that's bollocks, safety reasons prohbit Goodison to about 37K, which tbf we don't always fill.

I'm not trying to make out we have the best fans, but I'm willing to bet if we got a new stadium like you lot did we would see a similar rise in attendance.

Nicky D said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Explain this then:

End of.

If you don't mind me saying, but what an absolutely stupid point.

If Goodison held 80,000 would that make a difference when they can't sell out 40,000?

toffeetom said:
Mate that's bollocks, safety reasons prohbit Goodison to about 37K, which tbf we don't always fill.

I'm not trying to make out we have the best fans, but I'm willing to bet if we got a new stadium like you lot did we would see a similar rise in attendance.

New money and new ground with serious investment in the playing squad would undoubtedly see your crowds rise mate, i have no doubt about that. It goes hand in hand and its called Success.

My point though here about SOME of your fans is not their loyalty, its the sheer hypocrisy and jealousy they are showing on a regular basis by slamming us for our good luck, whilst we all know, they would be knocking one out on a regular basis should you guys ever be lucky enough to receive the backing of a rich owner like ourselves.

toffeetom said:

Your comment that 37,000 is the maximum is just wrong. Either a lie or ignorance, but wrong.

Let's see what the crowd is for tomorrow's derby game, shall we?

Soulboy said:
Nicky D said:

If you don't mind me saying, but what an absolutely stupid point.

If Goodison held 80,000 would that make a difference when they can't sell out 40,000?
its not quite that simple, goodison has 3-4 thousand restricted views - I'm not talking where you can't see the corner flag I'm talking hug a post time and hope the guy next to you is nice enough to tell you what's going on on the pitch. The club in their infinite wisdom knock a whole pound of the price of these seats - i've got a season ticket but if I didn't I'd think twice about shelling out 30 quid for an utterly shite view. For what its worth I would be extremely surprised if in a new 50k stadium we didn't up our attendances to circa mid 40k's initially before dropping to low 40k's when some of the newbies fuck off when they realise we won't be winning the league - very much like your attendances 2003 to pre takeover

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.