Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoahCity said:
pudge said:
Chipmeister said:
Spot on mate, we don't have a CB problem, we have lost Lescott so maybe a backup squad player required but if we have Kompany fit and Nasty fit we are in good shape with MDM. Would much rather we get a quality player like Di Maria or Isco while they are available. Next season will be different without the bent Uefa restrictions
How do we not need a CB?

Vinny's rather injury prone, Demichelis is turning 34 this season, Rekik and Nastasic are still young with the former having made one Premier League appearance. When Demichelis hangs up his boots, which could easily be at the end of the upcoming season, then we'll have 3 players for 2 positions; when the club have shown they're rather committed to having 2 quality players per position.

Plus, Mangala was sounded out in the January window last season, perhaps indicating Pellegrini isn't sold on some of our current CB options..

We even had to play Javi there last season..

Also, what's all this "we play 4-2-3-1" bollocks?
Zab-------------Kompany---Demichelis--Kolarov
--------------------Yaya----Fernandinho------------
----------Silva---------Aguero/Jovetic-----------Nasri
--------------------------Dzeko/Negredo------------------
Do we have to get Mike Bassett to hold a press conference again?

LoveCity said:
Dax777 said:
NoahCity said:
we play 4-2-3-1 so the likes of Moura and Di Maria could easily fit in in the the "3", especially considering that we lack that type of dynamic player.
This is why I wanted Sanchez. And I would have taken him over Mangala. Seeing as we don't have a CB problem. Yet everyone pretends we do :?

Well, that pretending would include City who earmarked a long-term partner for Kompany (aka Mangala) as their #1 priority this summer. So intent are they on signing him that they rejected the chance to sign Benatia in a deal that could have long been done. For certain reasons, probably technical reasons I would guess (high line related?), they do not seem to think Nastasic is the optimal partner for Kompany in this style and Demichelis is 34 soon.
For this season, we don't seem to have a CB problem. Perhaps at the end of the season we will. Or perhaps we wouldn't. I think we just got into a tunnel vision scenario here. I am sure by the end of the season, other young up and coming CDs would have emerged. Perhaps even our own Nastacic would be one of them. We are solid at CB right now. And while we have talent up front, the injury bug that continues to hampers Aguero, Jovetic, Silva and now Negredo are real. And fortifying that attacking front would have been a better role of the dice.

Here is my real worry. I believe Aguero is simply injury prone. He is like Micah, or Rodwell. He breaks down period. I fair Jovetic is the same. Yaya is older and is likely to stay injured longer or wear out quicker. Silva and Navas are both slight and get niggles. And Negredo is already on the pine for the first 3 months. Of all our offensive players Nasri, Milner and Edin are the only durable ones. Sadly only Nasri is truly creative. That's scares me.

While on defense, especially at CB, we have Komps, MDM, Nasty, Boyata, Sagna, Garcia of whom only, Kompany is injury prone. In addition to that, we also purchased Fernando to help with shoring up the defensive mid position. Addition we have 2 rbs and 2 LBs. We are as strong defensively as we should be. It's is our offensive game that will be shaky.

It seems too many remember the first part of the free scoring season, but forget the drought that coincided with chronic offensive injuries. While the defense continued to improve after a rough start, even with injury to its best player.

I will take Mangala, but Sanchez would have been the astute use of 25 million. Not to mention it would have all been wrapped up by now.

I think City got this one wronged.

luckyadeel78 said:
i mentioned before the world cup, city need to sign sanchez and di maria @ any cost.

Nagredo - Dzeko
Di Maria Sanchez

- Fernandinho - Fernando

Korolov - Mangala - Kompany - Sagna

Hart

unfortunately, it become a dream not reality !
You dream of dropping Silva?

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
Dax777 said:
This is why I wanted Sanchez. And I would have taken him over Mangala. Seeing as we don't have a CB problem. Yet everyone pretends we do :?

Well, that pretending would include City who earmarked a long-term partner for Kompany (aka Mangala) as their #1 priority this summer. So intent are they on signing him that they rejected the chance to sign Benatia in a deal that could have long been done. For certain reasons, probably technical reasons I would guess (high line related?), they do not seem to think Nastasic is the optimal partner for Kompany in this style and Demichelis is 34 soon.
For this season, we don't seem to have a CB problem. Perhaps at the end of the season we will. Or perhaps we wouldn't. I think we just got into a tunnel vision scenario here. I am sure by the end of the season, other young up and coming CDs would have emerged. Perhaps even our own Nastacic would be one of them. We are solid at CB right now. And while we have talent up front, the injury bug that continues to hampers Aguero, Jovetic, Silva and now Negredo are real. And fortifying that attacking front would have been a better role of the dice.

Here is my real worry. I believe Aguero is simply injury prone. He is like Micah, or Rodwell. He breaks down period. I fair Jovetic is the same. Yaya is older and is likely to stay injured longer or wear out quicker. Silva and Navas are both slight and get niggles. And Negredo is already on the pine for the first 3 months. Of all our offensive players Nasri, Milner and Edin are the only durable ones. Sadly only Nasri is truly creative. That's scares me.

While on defense, especially at CB, we have Komps, MDM, Nasty, Boyata, Sagna, Garcia of whom only, Kompany is injury prone. In addition to that, we also purchased Fernando to help with shoring up the defensive mid position. Addition we have 2 rbs and 2 LBs. We are as strong defensively as we should be. It's is our offensive game that will be shaky.

It seems too many remember the first part of the free scoring season, but forget the drought that coincided with chronic offensive injuries. While the defense continued to improve after a rough start, even with injury to its best player.

I will take Mangala, but Sanchez would have been the astute use of 25 million. Not to mention it would have all been wrapped up by now.

Very astute, seeing as he went for £32m+..,

Arsene must have gotten it wronged.

That alone was worth reading past "... Boyata..."

pudge said:
Chipmeister said:
Dax777 said:

Spot on mate, we don't have a CB problem, we have lost Lescott so maybe a backup squad player required but if we have Kompany fit and Nasty fit we are in good shape with MDM. Would much rather we get a quality player like Di Maria or Isco while they are available. Next season will be different without the bent Uefa restrictions
How do we not need a CB?

Vinny's rather injury prone, Demichelis is turning 34 this season, Rekik and Nastasic are still young with the former having made one Premier League appearance. When Demichelis hangs up his boots, which could easily be at the end of the upcoming season, then we'll have 3 players for 2 positions; when the club have shown they're rather committed to having 2 quality players per position.

Plus, Mangala was sounded out in the January window last season, perhaps indicating Pellegrini isn't sold on some of our current CB options..

yes Vinny is, but we have Nastacic backing up the starters, and beyond him, today we have Rekkik ( who should hopefully go out on loan) Sagna, Boyata, and Garcia. That is more than adequate cover. If MDM hangs his boot, then we buy a player to challenge Nastacic for the starter job. If that player isn't Rekkik, then we buy one. If it is we get an experienced older guy to back them up. There are multiple aging CDs with fantastic experience for that role.

But as for this season, we are hardly in need of a CB. If your backup CB is worth 15 million, you are okay at that position. I really don't know how else to put it.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Chipmeister said:
How do we not need a CB?

yes Vinny is, but we have Nastacic backing up the starters, and beyond him, today we have Rekkik ( who should hopefully go out on loan) Sagna, Boyata, and Garcia. That is more than adequate cover. If MDM hangs his boot, then we buy a player to challenge Nastacic for the starter job. If that player isn't Rekkik, then we buy one. If it is we get an experienced older guy to back them up. There are multiple aging CDs with fantastic experience for that role.

But as for this season, we are hardly in need of a CB. If your backup CB is worth 15 million, you are okay at that position. I really don't know how else to put it.
We know Nastasic is valued at about £15m how?....

You just ignored the point that was made by myself and another poster; as much as I rate Nastasic it seems the same may not be said of Pellegrini.

And again, the club have shown a willingness to have 2 quality players at each position; Hart/Caballero, Zabs/Sagna, Clichy/Kolarov etc so that rules out Boyata, Garcia and Sagna as acceptable CBs if one gets injured.

pudge said:
Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:

so about what we would be paying for Mangala? Sanchez would have been the better choice.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:

so about what we would be paying for Mangala? Sanchez would have been the better choice.
In your opinion.

Whereas the club and many others would rather sort out a CB.

Play a RB or CM out of position at CB or play the likes of Navas/Nasri/Jovetic up front instead of Sanchez? Tis a toughie

£25m, you didn't half try and hide any bias there lol

pudge said:
Dax777 said:
pudge said:
How do we not need a CB?

You just ignored the point that was made by myself and another poster; as much as I rate Nastasic it seems the same may not be said of Pellegrini.

And again, the club have shown a willingness to have 2 quality players at each position; Hart/Caballero, Zabs/Sagna, Clichy/Kolarov etc so that rules out Boyata, Garcia and Sagna as acceptable CBs if one gets injured.
Komps, MDM, Nasty and Rekkik. 4 quality players for this season. Even if MDM leaves at the end, we simply buy then. There is no proof Pelegrini doesn't rate Nasty, that is even more a guess than Nasty being valued at 15 million.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:

Komps, MDM, Nasty and Rekkik. 4 quality players for this season. Even if MDM leaves at the end, we simply buy then. There is no proof Pelegrini doesn't rate Nasty, that is even more a guess than Nasty being valued at 15 million.
Don't know who MDM is but if Demichelis decides to retire next season, why not invest in a good, young player the club have been scouting for umpteen months now while we can, possibly have him learn from ol' Marty, and save ourselves transfer fees in the future by getting possibly 10 years out of him?

Pellegrini obviously wants Mangala, and deems him and that position a priority, I'll stick with trusting him tbf. Also, seeing as we are signing a CB, perhaps that shows the club feel we don't currently have 4 quality players for those positions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.