Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
It's unsettling that PSG have pulled out because the idiots spent their entire budget on Luiz. The only other party in the running for him were United and the PA is now saying they could sign him.

United only signing Di Maria is a recipe for backroom disaster. He can't play as a wing back, and won't make sense for him in any case replacing 30M Shaw. United can't shift to 433 without inciting 2 of Van Persie, Rooney, Mata and Di Maria. They would also have to buy two to CMs for that to work. I'd be slightly more worried if they sign Vidal.

I'd say Real are in more trouble. It seems as if all the big clubs have completed or almost completed their business, whereas Real need to offload at least 2, maybe 3 players out of Di Maria, Isco, Khedria, Alonso. FFP has also bitten them in a convoluted way.

LoveCity said:
It's unsettling that PSG have pulled out because the idiots spent their entire budget on Luiz. The only other party in the running for him were United and the PA is now saying they could sign him.
Amateurs are running PSG, with restrictions they go on and buy average defender for £50m which is their entire budget. And as a result of that they seem to struggle offload their surplus players e.g Lavezzi and/or Cavani.

We have spent net £5m and have improved the squad and still big signing to come and even then money left to spend. Quite contrasting business by us and PSG in same situation.

MeatHunterrr said:
LoveCity said:
Amateurs are running PSG, with restrictions they go on and buy average defender for £50m which is their entire budget. And as a result of that they seem to struggle offload their surplus players e.g Lavezzi and/or Cavani.

We have spent net £5m and have improved the squad and still big signing to come and even then money left to spend. Quite contrasting business by us and PSG in same situation.

Tbf, when Leonardo was their DoF, they were doing much better. In fact, if you contrast their 1st two years after their takeover and our first two years, they did far better with regards to transfers (and they had better CL runs too). However, for the last two seasons (including this window, basically since we've had Txiki) we have had a much better strategy whereas PSGs transfers haven't made sense. There are also rumors that Thiago Silva is quite influential and had a major part in Luiz's signing.

bluechampion7891 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
LoveCity said:

Tbf, when Leonardo was their DoF, they were doing much better. In fact, if you contrast their 1st two years after their takeover and our first two years, they did far better with regards to transfers (and they had better CL runs too). However, for the last two seasons (including this window, basically since we've had Txiki) we have had a much better strategy whereas PSGs transfers haven't made sense. There are also rumors that Thiago Silva is quite influential and had a major part in Luiz's signing.
Yeah, but they didn't have 18 months of Mark fucking Hughes in charge. They almost got straight away Ancelotti (who also had a say in transfers) which we should have done exact same thing by sacking Hughes immediately and bring in good manager, but mistakes were made.

LoveCity said:

Would not bother me LC tbh.
He reminds me of Ozil i.e.goes missing and mentally fragile, head will drop easily etc.
So if utd got him he would be as much a problem as a fix. I can envision them having to juggle the squad around to much to accomodate him and how he is mentally at any one point in time.
It would imo make a settled starting 11 much harder to get for them and that is good for everyone else.

He would cost them a fair whack also. I could easily see the glazers going to Van Gaal "err so err do you reckon you can get 4th without this fella by any chance?". I don't think they want to spend one penny more but the names being linked maintains the illusion they are a in the market and still some sort of a major force.

MeatHunterrr said:
bluechampion7891 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Yeah, but they didn't have 18 months of Mark fucking Hughes in charge. They almost got straight away Ancelotti (who also had a say in transfers) which we should have done exact same thing by sacking Hughes immediately and bring in good manager, but mistakes were made.

I agree. We would probably have been in CL a season earlier and saved a lot on transfers and wages had someone competent been in charge of squad building and tactics from the beginning, or even at the start of the 2009 season.

bluechampion7891 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
bluechampion7891 said:

I agree. We would probably have been in CL a season earlier and saved a lot on transfers and wages had someone competent been in charge of squad building and tactics from the beginning, or even at the start of the 2009 season.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.