Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Tbf, when Leonardo was their DoF, they were doing much better. In fact, if you contrast their 1st two years after their takeover and our first two years, they did far better with regards to transfers (and they had better CL runs too). However, for the last two seasons (including this window, basically since we've had Txiki) we have had a much better strategy whereas PSGs transfers haven't made sense. There are also rumors that Thiago Silva is quite influential and had a major part in Luiz's signing.
Yeah, but they didn't have 18 months of Mark fucking Hughes in charge. They almost got straight away Ancelotti (who also had a say in transfers) which we should have done exact same thing by sacking Hughes immediately and bring in good manager, but mistakes were made.

I agree. We would probably have been in CL a season earlier and saved a lot on transfers and wages had someone competent been in charge of squad building and tactics from the beginning, or even at the start of the 2009 season.

The comparisons are difficult because PSG could quite easily monopolise the French league. In contrast we didn't have a reputation in Europe, had never played CL football and hadn't won anything for 3 decades. We had to take a more staggered approach in order to meet the aspirations. We could never have attracted top quality talent like Aguero, Silva, Yaya back when Hughes was first at the club. It's since we qualified for Europe and clearly threw a lot of money and promises at players that we really hit the top. It may have taken even longer if the prem hadn't have gone through a slight decline in quality. Our side that won the league in 2012 is a million miles from the team we are now, and the Rag side that won in 2013 was even worse. Now you look at Chelsea and City and you could see either challenge all sides in Europe.

supercity88 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Yeah, but they didn't have 18 months of Mark fucking Hughes in charge. They almost got straight away Ancelotti (who also had a say in transfers) which we should have done exact same thing by sacking Hughes immediately and bring in good manager, but mistakes were made.

I agree. We would probably have been in CL a season earlier and saved a lot on transfers and wages had someone competent been in charge of squad building and tactics from the beginning, or even at the start of the 2009 season.

The comparisons are difficult because PSG could quite easily monopolise the French league. In contrast we didn't have a reputation in Europe, had never played CL football and hadn't won anything for 3 decades. We had to take a more staggered approach in order to meet the aspirations. We could never have attracted top quality talent like Aguero, Silva, Yaya back when Hughes was first at the club. It's since we qualified for Europe and clearly threw a lot of money and promises at players that we really hit the top. It may have taken even longer if the prem hadn't have gone through a slight decline in quality. Our side that won the league in 2012 is a million miles from the team we are now, and the Rag side that won in 2013 was even worse. Now you look at Chelsea and City and you could see either challenge all sides in Europe.

I agree about the need for the staggered approach, what I meant was signings like Adebayor and RSC. We probably would not have got Silva or Toure in 2008 no matter the money.

I thought Di Maria was at his most affective last season when played in the midfield three playing as an attacking midfielder, the number of assists he got last season was unreal.

United could deploy him in their midfield three alongside Herrera and a defensive midfielder, not that I would like to see such a quality player join them.

sam-caddick said:
I thought Di Maria was at his most affective last season when played in the midfield three playing as an attacking midfielder, the number of assists he got last season was unreal.

United could deploy him in their midfield three alongside Herrera and a defensive midfielder, not that I would like to see such a quality player join them.

No way could you get away with playing Di Maria in a midfield 3 week in week out in the premier league

chris85mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:

No way could you get away with playing Di Maria in a midfield 3 week in week out in the premier league

He would be better than Mata in a midfield 3. In their current system, he'd directly replace Mata while making the system better defensively due to his pace and work rate. Mata is a better #10, but Di Maria can actually make them play a 352 rather than a lopsided 3-4-1-2. Not going to happen though.

bluechampion7891 said:
chris85mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:

He would be better than Mata in a midfield 3. In their current system, he'd directly replace Mata while making the system better defensively due to his pace and work rate. Mata is a better #10, but Di Maria can actually make them play a 352 rather than a lopsided 3-4-1-2. Not going to happen though.
They just broke their transfer record for Mata in January. It'd be a huge waste to by Di Maria for his position, and it'd upset him. Especially when they have such pressing needs elsewhere. In fact I hope they do it. Hugely inefficient buy.

Castiel said:
bluechampion7891 said:
chris85mcfc said:

They just broke their transfer record for Mata in January. It'd be a huge waste to by Di Maria for his position, and it'd upset him. Especially when they have such pressing needs elsewhere. In fact I hope they do it. Hugely inefficient buy.

Paris is the most likely destination imho. They have blown most of their budget on Luiz but they can still strike a loan deal as they have done with one time Arse target Serge Aurier.

Ray78 said:
Paris is the most likely destination imho.

Nasser confirmed today that PSG aren't negotiating for him anymore. He seemed to imply Madrid wanted too much money. The quotes are all over Twitter as he gave them at the press conference to unveil David Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.