Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
br62 said:
If De Maria is a great player why are none of the top sides going for him. PSG are clearly affected by the financial foul play situation but, apart from them, United look like they have a clear run here.

I am sure he wants to play for a top side in the Champions League but would most probably sign for United if no other options are available.

Bayern have Robben and Ribery, Barca Neymar and Suarez, Chelsea have like 5 wingers, Liverpool wont be able to pay his fee, arsenal dont need him as they signed sanchez and have a lot of Attacking midfielders too.

Good answer!!!.

LoveCity said:
br62 said:
If De Maria is a great player why are none of the top sides going for him. PSG are clearly affected by the financial foul play situation but, apart from them, United look like they have a clear run here.

Because only a very small handful of clubs can buy at the prices asked. It's a small market for a few wealthy clubs. City, Chelsea (they already have 100 attacking midfielders), United (in pole position), PSG (were going to sign him before they suddenly remembered FFP), Barcelona (reported to have had a bid turned down), Real Madrid... and in theory Bayern Munich but can't see them spending £45m-£50m on a winger. Had Monaco's owner not stopped the giant investment, I think they would have gone for him.
Pretty much this. Though if Cavani leaves then maybe he will go to PSG. I hope he does not go to United.

Di Maria IMO won't make a huge difference to the rags fortunes this season. They're problem isn't in their attacking options, but their non existent midfield.

I'd also be very surprised if he went there. As others are saying he's one of the best wingers in the world and rags are a team in transition. Wouldn't surprise me if he was trying to force a loan to PSG rather than a permanent transfer to them.

Mister Appointment said:
Di Maria IMO won't make a huge difference to the rags fortunes this season. They're problem isn't in their attacking options, but their non existent midfield.

I'd also be very surprised if he went there. As others are saying he's one of the best wingers in the world and rags are a team in transition. Wouldn't surprise me if he was trying to force a loan to PSG rather than a permanent transfer to them.

I think he's really well suited to the Premier League & would be like a Milner with an extra gear, in our team, but I agree, the rags wouldn't really benefit that much from signing him. Butthead may have him in mind to play wingback perhaps. If he throws all his eggs into that tactical basket & it doesn't work, we could be in for some fun.

Mister Appointment said:

Rags are desperate and are paying top money. Of course he'd go there.

And they need him, it's not only midfield, they don't create enough chances at all.

MSP said:
Mister Appointment said:

Rags are desperate and are paying top money. Of course he'd go there.

And they need him, it's not only midfield, they don't create enough chances at all.

Be interesting to see if he would go there - honestly i'm still not convinced. I guess if he does as you say it'll be for stupid stupid money (I'd guess even bigger than the original ADUG contracts we were dishing out). I've read somewhere Madrid have upped the price again as well to circa 80 million euros. If they get that i'll be astounded and i'll be laughing at the rags all season.

Take your point about them not creating enough chances.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
The only reason Di Maria would go to the rags is because he is a mercenary.

Correctamundo!
We had similar problems before we cemented our place in th champs league and look at how the rags took the piss then. Couldn't be happening to a nicer team

Di Maria will improve any team he plays for.

And I hope he doesn't end up at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.