Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
Their front line is good on paper, ours is good in reality. I know which of those I'd rather have! "The most scary front 3 in the league" last year of Mata-RVP-Rooney didn't exactly set the world on fire.
This is very true, but they had Moyes last season. I am still not sure how they are going to fit all 4 in the same team, but Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and RVP are fantastic players. With Rooney captain it suggest he is going to play.

It's a shame with FFP that City could not buy Di Maria. I think he would have taken Nasri's position in the team and done brilliantly.

50 million pounds would be a decent valuation for him. Not a pound more. Lets hope madrid take them to the cleaners

manimanc said:
I just can`t put my finger on why di maria would leave a club in the champions league to a team that is in the 2nd round of the milk cup....
I just wonder what could have tempted this world cup finalist,playing at a top European club and on a decent wage,to a club that finished 7th..
I think I know what it could be but not from the rags,not the utd way boys and girls.
does anybody know what could have lured di maria to the biggest club in europeTM
He's always wanted to play at wingback!

A little boy inside him told him to play there (once of course he couldn't play with his mates at City, well he will be able to mix socially with them)

Pains me to say it but with the money that is going into that club, if they loosened the purse strings over the next few years then with FFP they could be very difficult to keep up with.
All depends if the Glazers really decide to go for it, hopefully they'll just continue to take out money but the idea that Utd would return to be a midtable side in the long term was never a realistic thought.

bluemoon32 said:
Pains me to say it but with the money that is going into that club, if they loosened the purse strings over the next few years then with FFP they could be very difficult to keep up with.
All depends if the Glazers really decide to go for it, hopefully they'll just continue to take out money but the idea that Utd would return to be a midtable side in the long term was never a realistic thought.

You don't always have to spend a fortune to get to the top though mate, I just think there is this illusion in the Premier League that you have to spend fortunes in every transfer window to remain competitive and I disagree, I think we are obsessed with signings.

I think City are becoming a club that is heading in a direction in which we won't have to rely on spending big every summer and instead working around a foundation of a well run transfer policy, youth setup and scouting system, we will still have the odd big spend but nowhere near as regular as we have seen in the past few years.

Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid are examples to all in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.