Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoon32 said:
Pains me to say it but with the money that is going into that club, if they loosened the purse strings over the next few years then with FFP they could be very difficult to keep up with.
All depends if the Glazers really decide to go for it, hopefully they'll just continue to take out money but the idea that Utd would return to be a midtable side in the long term was never a realistic thought.
Without a decent back 4, bog brush flailing in midfield, it will take more than buying up marquee signings, and cherry picking those who had a decent WC! Real Madrid have tried year after year, with a little, or only recent success,
UTD will be lucky to qualify for the CL this season, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, all with settled sides, and Everton chasing them, it's going to be a tall order for UTD to muscle back in the top 4.

We could get NYC to buy Di Maria and loan him back to us for the next 5 years, let UEFA choke on that and the rags would fookin implode !!!

From my Twitter:

Di Maria will be a good signing for United, I have no doubt. But it feels more like muscle flexing than sensible recruitment from Woodward. United will need to find another £50m to make sure Cleverley, Young, Fellaini and Hernandez get nowhere near their first team. De Jong and Blind may arrive this week, but that would still leave United short on what they need to even come close to winning the league. Like more options up front, leadership in midfield, and a cool head at the back. Jones prone to clumsiness, Smalling prone to nervousness. Still some way off yet.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
From my Twitter:

Di Maria will be a good signing for United, I have no doubt. But it feels more like muscle flexing than sensible recruitment from Woodward. United will need to find another £50m to make sure Cleverley, Young, Fellaini and Hernandez get nowhere near their first team. De Jong and Blind may arrive this week, but that would still leave United short on what they need to even come close to winning the league. Like more options up front, leadership in midfield, and a cool head at the back. Jones prone to clumsiness, Smalling prone to nervousness. Still some way off yet.

Di Maria Blind and DeJong won't even get them into the top 4 IMO. It's amazing that Van Gaal/Woodward don't see just how far behind Liverpool and Arsenal they currently are. Hell, having seen Everton play yesterday, they're still well short of Everton too.

Wonder what will happen with regards FFP when they fail to make CL football for a second season running.

Mister Appointment said:
From my Twitter:

Di Maria Blind and DeJong won't even get them into the top 4 IMO. It's amazing that Van Gaal/Woodward don't see just how far behind Liverpool and Arsenal they currently are. Hell, having seen Everton play yesterday, they're still well short of Everton too.

Wonder what will happen with regards FFP when they fail to make CL football for a second season running.

They will make top 4 if they sign a decent centre back and defensive midfielder before the end of the window. They will be better than Liverpool.

I'm no cynic said:
manimanc said:
I just can`t put my finger on why di maria would leave a club in the champions league to a team that is in the 2nd round of the milk cup....
I just wonder what could have tempted this world cup finalist,playing at a top European club and on a decent wage,to a club that finished 7th..
I think I know what it could be but not from the rags,not the utd way boys and girls.
does anybody know what could have lured di maria to the biggest club in europeTM
He's always wanted to play at wingback!
No, he's gone as he believes in the project!

From my Twitter:

I agree that they still need strengthening, but I think the arrival of di Maria, De Jong and Blind would be a massive step forward for them. I'd imagine di Maria, the Rapist, granny shagger and Mata would scare the living shite out of most teams, especially if De Jong was holding in front of defence and breaking things up.

However, they're going to get taken to the cleaners for transfer fees, agents fees and wages. Everyone in the known universe knows that they are fucking desperate to sign in certain positions, and therefore the arrival of The Equalizer at any clubs door will have chairmen and owners rubbing their hands in glee.

dubblue said:
Mister Appointment said:
From my Twitter:

They will make top 4 if they sign a decent centre back and defensive midfielder before the end of the window. They will be better than Liverpool.

By decent you mean the best in the world right? Hummels and Vidal or Pogba might along with Di Maria get them back into the top 4. Anything short of those players though and forget it. Liverpool are currently miles ahead of them. That's without Balo and the goals he'll bring.

From my former Spanish Workmates:
City have made a late bid for Di Maria with Negredo probably going the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.