Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
squirtyflower said:
That made me let out a huge laugh
Its hillarious, and a position they don't really need to fill. An injury first game would be quite amusing.....
Real taking them to the cleaners

Well played by Real Madrid, they are in the driving seat because United are desperate they will pay anything

Virtually got Ronaldo for free plus 6+ years of service in his prime/peak years of his career. Score!!

bluesince76 said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Blue Haze said:
He's a fantastic player, it's just that the money could be much better spent elsewhere.

They thought they could get back to top 4 cheaply, and now are panicking to buy any decent player available for huge amounts. They desperately need CMs and defenders. Di Maria will improve them but not fix any of their fatal flaws. He's a forward, which is the one area that doesn't need fixing. Hell, they would have done better to sell Rooney or RVP and buy a pure #9. At least then they wouldn't have two strikers getting in the way of each other.

As somebody else mentioned, it's similar to a bird spending thousands on a new pair of tits when she has a set of teeth like a burned down village.
A good analogy, although it'd be more accurate to describe it as a bird with perky 34D tits getting a boob job.

Di Maria will improve them and would pretty much any other team in the world, but any decent side will still stroll through their midfield and defence and I don't see Shaw and a dodgy Argentine left back (why two left backs?) making a big difference. They could have had Fernando and Mangala for £20m less and would have looked more like a top 4 side, despite how much the press will continue the Van Gal love in.
Please inform rag sponsors of your findings !

LoveCity said:
Holy mother of god.

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 1m
Real holding out for £75m for Di Maria, but #mufc closing in on deal - <a class="postlink" href="http://fw.to/qFCIv9i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fw.to/qFCIv9i</a>

Florentino knows how desperate they are, he's taking the piss now.

"Manchester United have concluded negotiations with Real Madrid and will pay a British record £63.9million for winger Angel di Maria, according to Sky sources."

Who is more reliable, the Telegraph or Skysports ?

bluemcr said:
BlueAnorak said:
From my former Spanish Workmates:
City have made a late bid for Di Maria with Negredo probably going the other way.
Lol!!!!!

Then again other friends tell me that Real Madrid have tried to palm him off on us twice this summer already so I reckon its just a wheeze on RM's part to up the price and/or City to disrupt the move. Daily Mail is running with the twice offered to us angle now.

BlueAnorak said:
bluemcr said:
BlueAnorak said:
From my former Spanish Workmates:
City have made a late bid for Di Maria with Negredo probably going the other way.
Lol!!!!!

Then again other friends tell me that Real Madrid have tried to palm him off on us twice this summer already so I reckon its just a wheeze on RM's part to up the price and/or City to disrupt the move. Daily Mail is running with the twice offered to us angle now.

A good few journo's running with this line now - City must be briefing them for some reason...

BlueAnorak said:
BlueAnorak said:
bluemcr said:

A good few journo's running with this line now - City must be briefing them for some reason...

I am guessing we are just looking to drive up the price. Though, they could do with a striker like Negredo (Benzema is a waste there in my mind).

BlueAnorak said:
BlueAnorak said:
bluemcr said:

Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
Panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, humberside....

01MANC said:
For all those with the opinion he isn't worth 60M+, are you seriously trying to tell me he isn't twice as good as either of Luke Shaw or Fellaini?
For that logic to work you'd have to believe those two are worth £30m each. Being less shit value than some of their other signings doesn't make you good value. He's a £30-40m player, but the rags have painted themselves into a corner and now they have got the fans so worked up by leaking it so heavily that Madrid have them by the balls, they now have to pay whatever it takes or look like fucking mugs. Ironically, Madrid were actually short on cash and desperate to sell someone, only to find a club even more desperate than themselves in the rags.

BigOscar said:
01MANC said:
For all those with the opinion he isn't worth 60M+, are you seriously trying to tell me he isn't twice as good as either of Luke Shaw or Fellaini?
For that logic to work you'd have to believe those two are worth £30m each. Being less shit value than some of their other signings doesn't make you good value. He's a £30-40m player, but the rags have painted themselves into a corner and now they have got the fans so worked up by leaking it so heavily that Madrid have them by the balls, they now have to pay whatever it takes or look like fucking mugs. Ironically, Madrid were actually short on cash and desperate to sell someone, only to find a club even more desperate than themselves in the rags.

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. I thought it would be obvious?

Must remember to add a ;-) in future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.