Annoyed with Dzeko to be honest...apology {merged}

cleavers said:
SWP's back said:
cleavers said:
Suspension ??
Whats the general "mod" consensus of one trick pony posters than are here for one player only and couldn't give a fuck about the club? Especially as they suffer from awful myopia.
I don't think we have a consensus, though I personally find it irritating, but that's just me.
I just wondered as I know you guys have your secret forum with threads of mystery.

Wondered if it had come up is all.

They have no understanding that we call it as we see it. We all want every player to well. It would benefit the club. That is the most important thing. But some of these posters would rather our manager sacked for daring to criticise their idol. It must be close to wumming in nothing else.

simon23 said:
TCIB said:
He is the 3rd top scorer atm in the league ffs.

Simon your either a wum, new to football, or you play football manager and fifa to much.

His efforts this season have been great, he went of the boil a bit in the last 2 matches, all players do.

playing and watching football 30 yrs

never ever owned a game console

certainly not a wum

Its called an opinion....get used to them as thats what message boards are generally for

Great goal from Balo today as well eh! ;-)
not denying his effort in games or his goal scoring this season.....what i am questioning is his ability in games where we are not the team on top...that remains to be seen as far as im concerned

Where did i question your right to an opinion ? my reply was an opinion also just like yours or is your delusionality spreading.

My opinion is you talk the club down, pick holes where there are non to pick and generaly dont have a great grasp of the game as a whole.
Case in point bitching about Dzeko, ok if he is poor as you say it doesn't matter because looking at leading scorers and his strength on the ball and general good contribution besides goals all but 3 others in the league must be bloody terrible.

I do not blindly defend our team and will admit when a player is wrong etc etc, but Dzeko has played well. The second his standard drops a bit you come out with "he was bad here and this and that game" when he just wasn't.
As you say it's an opinion but far far to negative.

You question everything first then only say "oh he had a good game" after always the bashing first with you it seems. You only lip service payed to our good play. Your unnecessary negativity reminds me of a misserable an old man who moans about everything and grinds you down and you cant do anything right in his grumpy opinion.

SWP's back said:
They have no understanding that we call it as we see it. We all want every player to well. It would benefit the club. That is the most important thing. But some of these posters would rather our manager sacked for daring to criticise their idol. It must be close to wumming in nothing else.
Its just an opinion I guess, what a forum is all about. Whether I like it or not, so long as they're not abusing people I can live with it. I don't personally understand how anyone can change teams to follow a player, but then I'm 40+ year veteran of watching City, good, bad and ugly.

cleavers said:
SWP's back said:
Its just an opinion I guess, what a forum is all about. Whether I like it or not, so long as they're not abusing people I can live with it. I don't personally understand how anyone can change teams to follow a player, but then I'm 40+ year veteran of watching City, good, bad and ugly.
When were you ever good? ;-)

TCIB said:
I do not blindly defend our team and will admit when a player is wrong etc etc, but Dzeko has played well. The second his standard drops a bit you come out with "he was bad here and this and that game" when he just wasn't.

For what it's worth I agree with this. Dzeko hasn't been nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Maybe even superior to Aguero in half the games this season (might be a controversial opinion since Aguero is everyone's darling but there you have it). The games where people see him as shit are the ones that the midfield gets completely mangled or the other team play 10 men on their own half. Dzeko doesn't see the ball in these games since he's the furthest up player on the pitch (i.e. a CF). How the midfield getting torn apart is Dzeko's fault is an answer that only a few on here can answer but I've learned to live with it -- opinions are like a**holes etc etc...

None of this reflects on Balo, striker rotation is needed and should be utilized this season. It will be easier to keep 3 strikers happy than 4 so here's to a good season! Especially now since they all seem to be in form!

cleavers said:
I don't personally understand how anyone can change teams to follow a player, but then I'm 40+ year veteran of watching City, good, bad and ugly.

If you're referring to City's Bosnian fans it's likely that they all have a Bosnian team they also support. Having Dzeko here gives them a reason just like having Petrov gave me a reason. I wasn't born in Manchester nor England but I like to feel that I have the right to support City as much as anyone, and my motives not questioned because of my birthplace. Should the EPL not be watched at all outside of England?

JBG said:
TCIB said:

For what it's worth I agree with this. Dzeko hasn't been nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Maybe even superior to Aguero in half the games this season (might be a controversial opinion since Aguero is everyone's darling but there you have it). The games where people see him as shit are the ones that the midfield gets completely mangled or the other team play 10 men on their own half. Dzeko doesn't see the ball in these games since he's the furthest up player on the pitch (i.e. a CF). How the midfield getting torn apart is Dzeko's fault is an answer that only a few on here can answer but I've learned to live with it -- opinions are like a**holes etc etc...

None of this reflects on Balo, striker rotation is needed and should be utilized this season. It will be easier to keep 3 strikers happy than 4 so here's to a good season! Especially now since they all seem to be in form!

cleavers said:
I don't personally understand how anyone can change teams to follow a player, but then I'm 40+ year veteran of watching City, good, bad and ugly.

If you're referring to City's Bosnian fans it's likely that they all have a Bosnian team they also support. Having Dzeko here gives them a reason just like having Petrov gave me a reason. I wasn't born in Manchester nor England but I like to feel that I have the right to support City as much as anyone, and my motives not questioned because of my birthplace. Should the EPL not be watched at all outside of England?

Well put about Dzeko.

I don't mind fans joining i think most don't, just some idiots who think they have some god given right to act high and mighty. As i have said before footy is huge here a way of life for many, some maybe dont respect others see it as a great pastime and not do or die stuff.

JBG said:
TCIB said:

cleavers said:

That's the thing though. A large portion of our bosnian friends don't support City. They support Dzeko solely, to the extent they would rather sack the most popular and successful manager in the last 30 years for any perceived slight on him.

Therein lies the difference.

JBG said:
No, I was referring to those who are only interested in following Dzeko, and not particularly interested in City. If you came to City because of Petrov, and have stuck around since he left, then you're more than welcome in my book. There are however a few who can't even see that Dzeko won't play every week for simple squad rotation purposes, even suggesting that Mancini is biased against him, despite the fact he has had more game time than any other striker so far. To me where you born, where you live don't matter a jot, if you're a blue you're one of us, and it doesn't matter to me if you've followed City since 1934, or joined up 3 weeks ago.

Yikes, talk about blowing things out of proportion...I didn't see the other thread about Dzeko so i'll say it here...Most people love Aguero (and i do too) but to be honest both of those guys have weaknesses and after watching how good Balo is, i think a better duo with Balo and Dzeko can be created...The reasoning...

So far Aguero has shown (and Dzeko too) that they need a lot of room to get their goals and if that room isn't there they have a hard time making good plays to get that room...So often when there are 2 defenders on Dzeko and 1 or 2 on Aguero it seems that neither can do much but with Balo it seems different, he can create that room and because his shot from out is also lethal sometimes it doesn't take much effort to get that chance.

Now the reason i think Dzeko and Balo are a better duo is because Dzeko has shown 2 things that Aguero hasnt...great heading ability and ability to be stronger on the ball when defenders mark him tightly...It seems kinda easy to get Aguero down especially if it's a big defender coming at him...So if i was Mancini i would pair up Balo and Dzeko in games where the other team is playing very defensively...and play Aguero when it's against a team who plays more open.

Anyone agree with this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.