Annoying media buzz words.

at the end of day (heeeerm it's eleven against eleven out dere on de par(phlegm)k).

Has become so crucial to the start of any sentence uttered by a scouser, it has actually replaced the concept of the capital letter.

Ask Jamie (phlegm)Carra(more phlegm)gher.

Newlunar said:
at the end of day (heeeerm it's eleven against eleven out dere on de par(phlegm)k).

Has become so crucial to the start of any sentence uttered by a scouser, it has actually replaced the concept of the capital letter.

By jove, you're right again NL.

I never made the link between the two before but it is definitely there.

I reckon there are conversations going on in Spar shops on grotty estates all over Merseyside:

"At de end of de day I want a tin of soup"
"at de end of de day that's 90p mate" etc.

Like yours, one which the players now do regularly is "yeah, no" at the beginning of every answer.

Interviewer "You looked to be enjoying it out there, Jermaine"
Player, laughs a bit, "Yeah, no, I always give 110%"

Didsbury Dave said:
Newlunar said:

By jove, you're right again NL.

I never made the link between the two before but it is definitely there.

I reckon there are conversations going on in Spar shops on grotty estates all over Merseyside:

"At de end of de day I want a tin of soup"
"at de end of de day that's 90p mate" etc.

Like yours, one which the players now do regularly is "yeah, no" at the beginning of every answer.

Interviewer "You looked to be enjoying it out there, Jermaine"
Player, laughs a bit, "Yeah, no, I always give 110%"

Haha, very confusing when trying to order an alarm call with room service I find.

"What time would you care for your alarm call Mr Gerrard?"

"Eeeeerm at de end of der day 9 0 clo(phlegm)ck."

"Oh would that be 9pm then?"

One we will here a lot of this season is the phrase, "For me.." Which is usually prounounced "Fir me..."

"he's the one on the park that's doing it fir me"

"Fir me there's only one side playing out there..."

I know it's small and petty but it's the amount of times it's used

Related to the credit crunch, 'current economic climate'. WHAT!?? the fuck has money got to do with the weather?

Also 'he's playing out of his skin'
'it's a game of 2 halves'
'came from nowhere'

"sky sports understands" annoys me, especially when its common knowledge. yesterday they had "understands RSc is out of the season opener"

"Grand Slam Sunday" or whatever they call it is annoying also, amazing how those 100% completly random fixture compilers get this every season

"Sir Alex" also every time they speak to him the brown nosed twats.

Del Monte said:
Related to the credit crunch, 'current economic climate'. WHAT!?? the fuck has money got to do with the weather?

Also 'he's playing out of his skin'
'it's a game of 2 halves'
'came from nowhere'

GAME OF 2 HALVES!

1 more goal and they will be level.

If it was just an inch under the bar it would have gone in.

That scottish commentator that always says "a little dink" or "he just dinks it over the keeper"

That really annoys me - don't know why......

Got said in the 3-1 against Rags...
Still gets said now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.