Anonymous threatens to bring down facebook..

Fookin hate facebook i joined years ago because my mates kept telling me to go on it. What a pile of wank it is. I dont care what you had for breakfast or if your hungry. The worst status thing i saw was this. Just made toast now just wondering what side to butter :S. live life like its your last day - yet your on face book 9 hours of the day you sad twat. Rant over,

Relieved it's just a fake. Don't know how my 'friends' could have gotten through the day without knowing what I had for breakfast, or whether I was bored or not.

BlueBeenie said:
talkativesprout said:
OMG The Egyptian government knows im a blue, take the piss out of rags and that i had Ravioli and chips for my tea sometime in November 2008. Big fuckin deal.

When Antoine Sibierski's Duaghter was found dead the photo's used by the press were in the vast vast majority bought from facebook. This is in their T&C's whatever you put up on there they basically own and you transfer all copyright to them by posting. Thats just photo's, they know what groups you're part of, what ad's you look at, your interest's etc. etc. all very obvious as you do it on their site. That info is all valuable from targeting ad's on site to promotions based on regions and locations that companies will pay to find out. Thats what really annoys me about it, unless someone has specifically opted into a clearly laid out contract instead of the usual bullshit T&C/EULA they shouldnt have the right to do that by law, but they do.

I use it but I know what the rules are and therefore what I want to put up on there, mainly for fucking about in my dinner time laughing at some of the sad shit thats get put up and because I have a few old mates dotted around the world who all use it and its the de facto way we kept in touch. For me its a necessary evil, but if it got nuked tomorrow I wouldnt be that unhappy.

Likewise I use Twitter which is fantastic depending on who you follow, if you follow a bunch of "ZOMG! my goldfish just exploded!!!1" muppets then yeah you're probably not going to get the best out of it but if thats what some people want and who am I to judge.

I do so hope you dont have any toolbars on your browser, they bring in far more shit. Tracking cookies, worms, adware.

Funnily enough years ago i used a msn type thing and came across a profile pic that was my wife, how she laughed, when i came clean about our private pics going online ;)

I tried it, briefly it has to be said. Found it horribly annoying and superficial. It's just not a medium of communication that I find I can be comfortable with and I find that those who use it constantly are not the kind of people that I would like to get close to.
But that's just me and am old fashioned and quite a private person really.

Each to their own I guess.

The Fat el Hombre said:
'We do not forgive, we do not forget'

Wow really scary stuff. I'm sat here bricking myself over a few spotty dorks who are going to bring down facebook. How on earth will we all cope?

Get fucked dorks

You'd be surprised what people can do with a computer and some spare time, considering every major financial, government, military and data storage system from every major government and corporation in the world is online. And they've all pretty much followed terrible security practices, and every person on this planet has been bombarded with "security tips" that teach you to create hugely unsafe passwords that can be cracked relatively quickly.

Read alot of comments about the negatives of Facebook, and although I agree with the disuses of it the tools are still there to communicate with the masses and it can be beneficial.

My Wife Megan just completed her Masters Degree at Manny Uni and without Facebook she would of struggled to complete this.
everyone on the course was invited to a private group, on this students shared Notes, essays, everything in relation to their course and she found it rewarding - More so than the other group "Join this if you wore a Green T-shirt today" group.

Facebook is probably %99 full of junk pages/discussions but as others have said, for making this world a smaller place it is second to none.... Just a shame the dregs of society then become that little closer (which does become annoying)

I Tend to use Twitter more, and I like the idea of Google+ which is easier to organise everyone into circles (all the poo/tea/coffee updaters are quickly placed into their own circle)

I did close my Facebook account down recently but was reopened to help organise the North Bury Man City Supporters Club.

talkativesprout said:
i had Ravioli and chips for my tea sometime in November 2008.

Sounds good, how was it? Worth trying again? I haven't had ravioli since I was about 10. Was it from a tin? I used to love that shit man. I love chips too.

Never been on facebook and probably never will. Don't give a fuck if it goes or no but I really do like chips!

In other news, a bee hive has threatened to take down the U.S. Air Force.

Anonymous are fucking stupid and they can take all their naive, self righteous bollocks and piss off. They've named themselves the "rulers of the Internet" ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.