Another 109 letter about standing

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
It wasnt standing EVERY game last season mate, second half of it yes.

As I say, read JMWs note from the meeting and the club appear fairly reasonable in their actions. The crux is the amount wishing to sit or stand. Do you not think it unfair to force people to stand when they've paid £580 for a seat under the impression they could use the fucker?

As I say, if it was a dozen or so, I'd agree with you but I'm told it's far far higher than I previously thought. If you don't believe that then fair enough. We're not debating at an even keel as I'd agree with you based on the numbers in your head also.
I stood every game last season in 109.

Have done. Wasn't moved by their comments. Same goes for away games but you're quite happy then. I actually do have some sympathy with those who wish to sit at away games. The club should allocate those who wish to sit front row seats but of course they're not allowed to ask that because it would assume standing elsewhere.

I don't believe it because we conducted our own poll. We distributed leaflets down the rows in 109 asking people to do an internet survey and the numbers were pretty adamant. Ask darryl28 for the full results if you're curious. If the club release theirs AND the logs for it i.e. how many people responded and how many people from the same IP address, how many using proxies, all that, and the numbers are in significant disagreement with ours then I'll shut the fuck up on here about it and just go to away games.

Thats big of you mate. If you stand, you block someone else's view and are a selfish twat, end of.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Anyone got one? From a Steve Sayer, which might confirm rumours that Fletcher is out, and the letter basically says that the majority of 109 wants to sit down(bull) and that fans who persistently stand will be chucked out and a minimum of 3 match ban! A joke, a real joke.

t reads;

Dear Supporter,

Following recent and well-documented events I wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of the club's policy in relation to persistent standing in the Stadium.

As you will no doubt be aware, the club implemented a police to tolerate standing in a number of blocks, predominantly in the South Stand and then, more recently, to include the Singing Section. This was in direct response to the request of the fans in those areas, many of whom had elected to purchase seats in these blocks for that specific reason.

In all other areas of the ground Manchester City aims to ensure that the supporters who want to sit for the majority of the match are able to do so.

As I am sure you will appreciate, there has to be a limit to the areas in which we can allow persistent standing otherwise the views of many fans will be impacted. Whilst we recognise that your block is adjacent to the South Stand, the club has and continues to receive numerous complaints regarding persistent standing in the block in which you are seated.

We wish to make match days as enjoyable an experience as possible for all of our fans and, as such, we write once again to request that you and your fellow supporters in your block remain in your seat for the majority of the match. Fans who repeatedly refuse to sit when asked by a steward and/or who persistently stand will face having their Seasoncard de-activated for a minimum of three matches, following the match where the offence is noted.

In order to inform planning for future seasons we will, in the next few days, be sending out a short survey by email to assess attitudes to standing at football mathces. At this initial stage we plan to survey Seasoncard holders in blocks 109 and 119 only, given their proximity to the South Stand. If you wish to take part in the survey and have yet to provide the club with and email address please do so by updating your account details via the club website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

Please help us to make match days an enjoyable experience for all by co-operating with this request.

Yours Sincerely,

Steve Sayer
Operations Directer

He can't even spell the name of his own job title, It should be Operations Director, the tit

SWP's back said:

As I say, read JMWs note from the meeting and the club appear fairly reasonable in their actions. The crux is the amount wishing to sit or stand. Do you not think it unfair to force people to stand when they've paid £580 for a seat under the impression they could use the fucker?

As I say, if it was a dozen or so, I'd agree with you but I'm told it's far far higher than I previously thought. If you don't believe that then fair enough. We're not debating at an even keel as I'd agree with you based on the numbers in your head also.

109 was standing all last season. I am on row d, everyone stood in front of me and behind me for every game. I prefer to stand but I am happy to sit if the survey says most people want to sit. It will all be sorted next year anyway as the club will make 109 compulsory seated and anyone who wants to stand will be moved behind the goal to where the away fans currently are

goater1978 said:
SWP's back said:

109 was standing all last season. I am on row d, everyone stood in front of me and behind me for every game. I prefer to stand but I am happy to sit if the survey says most people want to sit. It will all be sorted next year anyway as the club will make 109 compulsory seated and anyone who wants to stand will be moved behind the goal to where the away fans currently
109 was not standing every game last season at all. The first half of the season was like previous years, standing for the big important games only. I know we sat (or were seated by the stewards) a number of times as I nearly came to blows with a couple of selfish twats.

To all the people that really think they can only enjoy a game if stood, that's a real shame.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
PaleBlue said:
Thats big of you mate. If you stand, you block someone else's view and are a selfish twat, end of.
So all City's away fans are selfish twats. Cheers for your considered and nuanced view.
Pretty much but everyone knows that away matches are standing. I'm 6' 4" and when stood, feel awful if I've got a kid or woman behind as they generally can't see. But I woul agree our away support, whilst usually good, is selfish as people are forced to stand whether they like it or not.

Was fun at wembley though when the standers were being called just that by people that don't normally go away.

SWP's back said:
Pretty much but everyone knows that away matches are standing. I'm 6' 4" and when stood, feel awful if I've got a kid or woman behind as they generally can't see. But I woul agree our away support, whilst usually good, is selfish as people are forced to stand whether they like it or not.

Was fun at wembley though when the standers were being called just that by people that don't normally go away.
My view is simple, it doesn't have to be all one way or the other. Standers should be able to stand and sitters sit, both doing what they want, without being mithered, home and away. It's a classic libertarian view.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:

My view is simple, it doesn't have to be all one way or the other. Standers should be able to stand and sitters sit, both doing what they want, without being mithered, home and away. It's a classic libertarian view.
Yeah but the club messed up and mid season is not the time to sort it. So they have to side one way or t'other.

SWP's back said:
Yeah but the club messed up and mid season is not the time to sort it. So they have to side one way or t'other.

How did the club mess up?

Skashion said:
el bee said:
How did the club mess up?
By the club not telling us it would be a strictly enforced sitting block prior to renewing - thus giving us a chance to relocate to the thousands of available seats in 110-111.

So people's presumption is the clubs fault?
This is bollx, the people standing are twats, they know the reg's, they know they are spoiling going to the match for many others and they couldn't give a shit.
It really is that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.