Another 109 letter about standing

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
Or just sit down? I bet I love standing just as much as you. I do it every away game but manage to not do it at home. My love for city playing live and in the flesh over rides my desire to need to stand.

You've not replied to me I see when you seem shocked I'm capable of a change of mind.

My previous view was based on thinking only a few dozen wanted to sit. The figures I'm led to believe are far higher, especially towards the back.
You're a better City fan than me then. If I can't stand up, sing and do so with my family at my side, I don't know if I can be bothered paying £580 for the privilege when I can watch most matches sitting at home.

I'm not convinced of that at all. City should release their poll results in full glory with logs and all for independent verification. If that says there is a 'good proportion' - notice you didn't define it, then I'll accept it, request a season ticket refund and spend the money on away games when I can back my club to the fullest in the presence of my family.
Maybe that's the thing. Watching City with my family (just the one), is higher on my list then my personal preference to stand.

I've already quantified "a good proportion" for you, hence my change in opinion.

As for requesting a refund, go for it but it's going to be your loss as JMW says. It smacks of losing your nose for the purposes of spite. Can you honestly, and I ask you to be true, say you were sold your ticket on the understanding that it was a standing area? I'd been there years and was never told such.

Skashion said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I will put the relocate line out as its not idiocy if you want to stand that much, if you want to watch the game in 109 the club have made it plain you have to sit down.

If you don't want to go that's your choice, to me that's cutting your nose off to spite your face
It is idiocy because you cannot relocate in numbers larger than three. So, if you have more than two mates/family members with you, you either separate, or go to 109. You'd know this of course had you tried to purchase season tickets in either block for three or more people.

Not at all. I don't want to stop going to games. I want to support my club AND not be mithered, I don't think it's a ridiculous stance one iota.

I know there are limited numbers and danny said it would be difficult but hed tried to relocate people if they wanted to, why do you think the club are risking EL3 backlash by contemplating moving away fans? They're between a rock and a hard place with limited space.

SWP's back said:
Maybe that's the thing. Watching City with my family (just the one), is higher on my list then my personal preference to stand.

I've already quantified "a good proportion" for you, hence my change in opinion.

As for requesting a refund, go for it but it's going to be your loss as JMW says. It smacks of losing your nose for the purposes of spite. Can you honestly, and I ask you to be true, say you were sold your ticket on the understanding that it was a standing area? I'd been there years and was never told such.
I'm there to support the club and do so with family. If I feel like I can't do it, I'm not too fussed. Maybe I should join a choir instead. I bet it's a damn sight cheaper than this football lark. ;-)

Fair enough, but I don't believe it for one second.

I'd rather them just left us alone to get on with the business of being a fan. Was I told that by the ticket office or a steward? No (though some seem to have been), but I stood all last season. At the start, for maybe five games, they chucked a couple of people out per game and then they gave up and let us stand with no more bother. I was prepared for that this season but not the bans and shit they're handing out like confetti.

It wasnt standing EVERY game last season mate, second half of it yes.

As I say, read JMWs note from the meeting and the club appear fairly reasonable in their actions. The crux is the amount wishing to sit or stand. Do you not think it unfair to force people to stand when they've paid £580 for a seat under the impression they could use the fucker?

As I say, if it was a dozen or so, I'd agree with you but I'm told it's far far higher than I previously thought. If you don't believe that then fair enough. We're not debating at an even keel as I'd agree with you based on the numbers in your head also.

SWP's back said:
It wasnt standing EVERY game last season mate, second half of it yes.

As I say, read JMWs note from the meeting and the club appear fairly reasonable in their actions. The crux is the amount wishing to sit or stand. Do you not think it unfair to force people to stand when they've paid £580 for a seat under the impression they could use the fucker?

As I say, if it was a dozen or so, I'd agree with you but I'm told it's far far higher than I previously thought. If you don't believe that then fair enough. We're not debating at an even keel as I'd agree with you based on the numbers in your head also.
I stood every game last season in 109.

Have done. Wasn't moved by their comments. Same goes for away games but you're quite happy then. I actually do have some sympathy with those who wish to sit at away games. The club should allocate those who wish to sit front row seats but of course they're not allowed to ask that because it would assume standing elsewhere.

I don't believe it because we conducted our own poll. We distributed leaflets down the rows in 109 asking people to do an internet survey and the numbers were pretty adamant. Ask darryl28 for the full results if you're curious. If the club release theirs AND the logs for it i.e. how many people responded and how many people from the same IP address, how many using proxies, all that, and the numbers are in significant disagreement with ours then I'll shut the fuck up on here about it and just go to away games.

joe mancini said:
glen quagmire said:
Fucking standers! Ruin it for those incapable of standing for an hour and a half.
Selfish twats.

Yeah, you,re home early arn,t you.

I don't give a shit either way ;0)

My flight was delayed so i decided to have some KFC, do the pots and pick the fluff from my favourite thermal socks. What do you think the result will be tomorrow? I think it's not windy enough for a stunt kite.

Mike D said:
Here we go again another tirade of why should stand
bored_shitless_magnet-p147884400334566066q6ju_400.jpg

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AND THERE IS MORE CHANCE OF THEM INTRODUCING A SMOKING SECTION.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.