Another Maine Road watering hole goes

black mamba said:
The Clarence has gone , The Whitworth has gone , so has the Parkside , and others will be under threat of closure too ....... the day the club left Moss Side was the day that these pubs knew their days were numbered ....... i called into the Hardys Well the other night , and there was only me and a washed up 'down and out' in there , i felt that sorry for him i bought him a drink !

you should have heard how he described you

BringBackSwales said:
black mamba said:
The Clarence has gone , The Whitworth has gone , so has the Parkside , and others will be under threat of closure too ....... the day the club left Moss Side was the day that these pubs knew their days were numbered ....... i called into the Hardys Well the other night , and there was only me and a washed up 'down and out' in there , i felt that sorry for him i bought him a drink !

Used to love all those Rusholme boozers.....

Hardys Well (The Birch Villa)
The Welcome
The Huntsman
The Clarence
The Whitworth
The Albert
The (mental) Lord Lyon
etc etc

Great pub area it was.................oh and finish off in The Rusholme Chippy.

Kobedeh kebab

noely said:
mancityvstoke said:
The Whitworth was also a huge student pub in the past.

They must have abandoned it.

they refurbed it about 3 years ago and prices for beer shot up

I doubt the Wetherspoons that opened just over the road a few years ago, helped business either.

black mamba said:

Been through the place a few times recently and it's a much quieter community now. The pubs knew their days were numbered, but had the club not moved, would Moss Side have made the improvements it has now? Would've thought the pubs would've adjusted and become student pubs or something like that.

mancityvstoke said:
BringBackSwales said:
black mamba said:

The Welcome
The Huntsman
The Clarence
The Whitworth
The Albert
The (mental) Lord Lyon
etc etc

Kobedeh kebab

albert and sherwood were my favs-didn,t miss either on match day for years. happy days.

dennishasdoneit said:
mancityvstoke said:
BringBackSwales said:

The Welcome
The Huntsman
The Clarence
The Whitworth
The Albert
The (mental) Lord Lyon
etc etc

Kobedeh kebab

albert and sherwood were my favs-didn,t miss either on match day for years. happy days.

That area and the ground itself, the shops, pubs and food joints were all part of the match day experience for me and it can never be replicated at home now

Went by the other week, done a good job but its sadly had a monstrosity of apartments built right next door, nice concept however and hope it does well!

They'll never take the Claremont though, the punters have always run the gaf and the atmosphere is still as shite as when my old fella used to take me back in the day, it's so shit it's good, 1 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday night is like a western, people getting launched all over, great fun (:

Albert Inn Rusholme.. Another one bites the dust. Met there for years. It was still used pre-match by some blues, even coaches occasionally running from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.