Another Maine Road watering hole goes

Albert Inn Rusholme.. Another one bites the dust. Met there for years. It was still used pre-match by some blues, even coaches occasionally running from there.
Sad but not unexpected

Matchday many years ago. Boss was serving. Young lady orders big mixed round, pints, shorts, coke etc. Took a while. Boss says £ so much please. Anything else. Bird says oh yeh,pint of guiness please. Some people laughed

Yes remember in the Whitworth one night watching Derby v R Madrid European cup tie highlights early 70s,just dropped the then girlfriend off for her night shift at the MRI.

The Clarence has gone , The Whitworth has gone , so has the Parkside , and others will be under threat of closure too ....... the day the club left Moss Side was the day that these pubs knew their days were numbered ....... i called into the Hardys Well the other night , and there was only me and a washed up 'down and out' in there , i felt that sorry for him i bought him a drink !
Yeah, thanks for that...

Used to walk down to the Whitty after the match have a couple of pints of Marston's Pedigree. Then catch a bus to town or go for a ruby on Wilmslow Rd, god I miss Maine Rd

Sad but not unexpected

Matchday many years ago. Boss was serving. Young lady orders big mixed round, pints, shorts, coke etc. Took a while. Boss says £ so much please. Anything else. Bird says oh yeh,pint of guiness please. Some people laughed
It was definitely "sad but not unexpected" but none of the rest really (maybe coke deserves a mention but that's another story).

Best mates dad was landlord of the Albert now living in Perth Australia

Drive down near Maine Rd as work close by and it’s a different world altogether now

Sad as I was born round the corner on houghton rd

I'm sure all the businesses around Maine Road have felt the pinch since we left.

I remember a great chippy just around the corner from the ground. We always went in there to grab something to eat on the way to the match. There were about five behind the counter, IIRC.
It put me out of business. ......I was minding cars ; (

The Clarence has gone , The Whitworth has gone , so has the “PARKSIDE “and others will be under threat of closure too ....... the day the club left Moss Side was the day that these pubs knew their days were numbered ....... i called into the Hardys Well the other night , and there was only me and a washed up 'down and out' in there , i felt that sorry for him i bought him a drink !
I’m keeping the memory alive:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.