Another Maine Road watering hole goes

Used to walk down to the Whitty after the match have a couple of pints of Marston's Pedigree. Then catch a bus to town or go for a ruby on Wilmslow Rd, god I miss Maine Rd
Does anyone remember the great pile of self service cheese or ham muffins on the end of the bar after match. Within about 10mins of the first punters getting there there were non left and about 3 paid for.

The Albert was my Dad's local and the first pub I went in regularly in the early 70`s.
Landlord then was an Irish bloke called Gerry and was a real old school pub.
No women allowed except on a Friday and Saturday night after 8pm and had to be accompanied by a man.Only the man could buy drinks of course,not that there was much in the way of drinks aimed at females available other than a random bottle of martini.
The Good Old Days gentlemen ?

The Albert was my Dad's local and the first pub I went in regularly in the early 70`s.
Landlord then was an Irish bloke called Gerry and was a real old school pub.
No women allowed except on a Friday and Saturday night after 8pm and had to be accompanied by a man.Only the man could buy drinks of course,not that there was much in the way of drinks aimed at females available other than a random bottle of martini.
The Good Old Days gentlemen ?
Some canal street pubs have polices on women like that.

The Whitworth
The first pint I ever had while working with my dad at the removal company around the corner ( Walter Carters ) I was twelve and on six week holiday from St pius 1x .
I have been in every pub mentioned in this thread with fond memories great days great times spent with many blues I have met through the years.
Thanks lads

The Whitworth
The first pint I ever had while working with my dad at the removal company around the corner ( Walter Carters ) I was twelve and on six week holiday from St pius 1x .
I have been in every pub mentioned in this thread with fond memories great days great times spent with many blues I have met through the years.
Thanks lads
Another St Pius lad, we’re building quite the little firm on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.