Another shooting in america

A perfect contrast of apparent responsible gun ownership and that of irresponsible.

A gun cabinet minimum and at least a personal interview from a police officer (good one) and a Phsychiatrist to ascertain if they person applying for the weapon meets the criteria of a responsible person.

Further to that bi yearly checks by an authority dedicated to doing just this.
The gun owner should pay for the service, 35 dollars to check the house and gun storage and weapon functionability (well oiled etc)

This idea seems perfectly feasable to me.

Re: Another massacre in the US

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
mcfcinprague said:
Matty said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

How many more before gun ownership is addressed?

Who cares!

With a bit of luck they will all just kill each other and then the problem will go away

But that's just it - the gun totin' crazies invariably don't kill each other,which I agree is an appealing scenario.
They usually kill some poor sod just going about their daily business,or worse still a class of unarmed six year olds.
Possibly because they know six year olds are an easy target,whereas the crazy guy down the street who wears combat fatigues and spends every weekend running around the countryside with his white supremacist militia mates owns an arsenal of high-powered rifles,a rocket launcher and a fucking tank.
From what I see,it looks like the crazies are trying to kill off all the relatively sane folk,rather than each other.

I know where you're coming from nf, but what I actually meant was, with a bit of luck they will literally all just kill each other, as in just wipe all the fuckin population out, not just the crazies

TCIB said:
A perfect contrast of apparent responsible gun ownership and that of irresponsible.

A gun cabinet minimum and at least a personal interview from a police officer (good one) and a Phsychiatrist to ascertain if they person applying for the weapon meets the criteria of a responsible person.

The gun owner should pay for the service, 35 dollars to check the house and gun storage and weapon functionability (well oiled etc)

'Do you have a box to keep it in'?
'Yes'.
'Are you bonkers'?
'No'.
'Then feel free to go ahead and buy enough guns and ammunition to kill half of New York - have a nice day,y'all'.

TCIB said:

Fair point but the difficulty is that responsible people can become irresponsible very quickly through mental health problems, life changing events etc. It is very difficult to assess anybody's capability to suddenly lose all self control. Ultimately only the removal of high powered semi automtaic weaponry from the population will have any significant impact.

chabal said:
TCIB said:

Fair point but the difficulty is that responsible people can become irresponsible very quickly through mental health problems, life changing events etc. It is very difficult to assess anybody's capability to suddenly lose all self control. Ultimately only the removal of high powered semi automtaic weaponry from the population will have any significant impact.
In that case having access to any gun is an issue. Removal of all weaponry is the only way to solve the problem you are talking about and thats about as possible as breathing on the moon

chabal said:
TCIB said:

I see your point and a good example would be say a crime of passion ? man finds wife is cheating etc.

I would suggest that fella is gonna see red and kill her with anything, no gun, then a knife etc etc.

If you did have proper checks and evaluation it would at least help the situation.

The main issue is the weapons already on the street if you talk about regulation and such matters imo.

Or what BB just said :)

beggars belief

put a nice really expensive system and people in place to monitor and control licences and then make the fuckers pay for it all themselves......and zero tolerance on those not abiding by the system

in time it will cut down ownership and save *some* lives

but it will take decades from where they are now

Having guns in a home is a bad idea, full-stop. However, it's the prevalence of guns overall that is the real issue. Over here, the police don't have guns, so the criminals don't have guns and households don't need guns. Everything is more de-escalated and diffused. The consequences of errors and mistakes are far lower. In the United States it's the exact opposite. The police have guns so the criminals have guns and so households have guns. Everything is escalated, everything has brinksmanship and the consequences of errors and mistakes are often fatal.

Results: Murder rate which is 3.5x higher. More accidental gun-related deaths than there are murders in Britain every year. Suicide rate nearly double with 50.7% of suicides being committed using firearms. Your children are more likely to die with a gun you bought that an intruder. Oh, and why is an intruder dying a gun thing anyway? Would you have capital punishment for theft?

buckshot said:
200553_10151197402042596_1731119636_n.jpg

Then there is no point in having guns !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.