Another shooting in america

Markt85 said:
buckshot said:
200553_10151197402042596_1731119636_n.jpg

Then there is no point in having guns !

it's a pain in the arse running round a school or an island trying to hammer everyone to death though

it would take so much longer and would get quite tiring

TCIB said:
chabal said:
TCIB said:
A perfect contrast of apparent responsible gun ownership and that of irresponsible.

A gun cabinet minimum and at least a personal interview from a police officer (good one) and a Phsychiatrist to ascertain if they person applying for the weapon meets the criteria of a responsible person.

Further to that bi yearly checks by an authority dedicated to doing just this.
The gun owner should pay for the service, 35 dollars to check the house and gun storage and weapon functionability (well oiled etc)

This idea seems perfectly feasable to me.

Fair point but the difficulty is that responsible people can become irresponsible very quickly through mental health problems, life changing events etc. It is very difficult to assess anybody's capability to suddenly lose all self control. Ultimately only the removal of high powered semi automtaic weaponry from the population will have any significant impact.

I see your point and a good example would be say a crime of passion ? man finds wife is cheating etc.

I would suggest that fella is gonna see red and kill her with anything, no gun, then a knife etc etc.

If you did have proper checks and evaluation it would at least help the situation.

The main issue is the weapons already on the street if you talk about regulation and such matters imo.

Or what BB just said :)

Most massacres aren't crimes of passion though.
They are some unhinged sociopath armed to the teeth taking out his impotent rage on innocent folk.
Anyone can have a really,really bad day,when all kinds of shit goes wrong,and we are at the end of our tether.
Think 'Falling Down',only worse.
You only need one in 100,000 with access to high-powered rifles to lose the plot big-style on their really bad day,and there is your template for a tragedy like Columbine.
The last loon to go postal used his mom's collection of semi-automatic weapons.
She taught six year old kids - did she think she needed them just in case she reprimanded little Johnny for getting his todger out in class,and he took it badly and came round seeking retribution with a rocket launcher?
In my opinion guns are the problem,therefore removing guns is the solution,by legislation or whatever means necessary.
Hardly rocket science.

Skashion said:
Markt85 said:
Then there is no point in having guns !
Excellent point there. Hammers are more deadly than assault rifles. FACT. There should be an assault rifle amnesty where assault rifle owners trade their assault rifles for hammers.

Agree, lets arm every house hold with hammers.

Skashion said:
Having guns in a home is a bad idea, full-stop. However, it's the prevalence of guns overall that is the real issue. Over here, the police don't have guns, so the criminals don't have guns and households don't need guns. Everything is more de-escalated and diffused. The consequences of errors and mistakes are far lower. In the United States it's the exact opposite. The police have guns so the criminals have guns and so households have guns. Everything is escalated, everything has brinksmanship and the consequences of errors and mistakes are often fatal.

Results: Murder rate which is 3.5x higher. More accidental gun-related deaths than there are murders in Britain every year. Suicide rate nearly double with 50.7% of suicides being committed using firearms. Your children are more likely to die with a gun you bought that an intruder. Oh, and why is an intruder dying a gun thing anyway? Would you have capital punishment for theft?

Great post Skash.

If the bad guys and the public in general are allowed to have the same firepower as the cops then the system is fucked.

Over here, only highly trained officers are allowed guns. And look at the outcry and general disbelief that occurs when one of those officers has to discharge that firearm in the line of duty.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I cannot believe 496 people in the US were killed with hammers anyway. fucking loons
Just got me thinking that did. Why isn't a hammer included in Cluedo? They have the candlestick, the dagger and the lead pipe. It also prompted the further thought of I wonder what the American version of Cluedo uses as its weapons; the M16; the grenade launcher; the Bazooka; the Apache; the atom bomb; and the hydrogen bomb, would be my guesses.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
TCIB said:
chabal said:
Fair point but the difficulty is that responsible people can become irresponsible very quickly through mental health problems, life changing events etc. It is very difficult to assess anybody's capability to suddenly lose all self control. Ultimately only the removal of high powered semi automtaic weaponry from the population will have any significant impact.

I see your point and a good example would be say a crime of passion ? man finds wife is cheating etc.

I would suggest that fella is gonna see red and kill her with anything, no gun, then a knife etc etc.

If you did have proper checks and evaluation it would at least help the situation.

The main issue is the weapons already on the street if you talk about regulation and such matters imo.

They are some unhinged sociopath armed to the teeth taking out his impotent rage on innocent folk.
Anyone can have a really,really bad day,when all kinds of shit goes wrong,and we are at the end of our tether.
You only need one in 100,000 with access to high-powered rifles to lose the plot big-style on their really bad day,and there is your template for a tragedy like Columbine.
She taught six year old kids - did she think she needed them just in case she reprimanded little Johnny for getting his todger out in class,and he took it badly and came round seeking retribution with a rocket launcher?
In my opinion guns are the problem,therefore removing guns is the solution,by legislation or whatever means necessary.
Hardly rocket science.

Yes but as we know this would be impossible especially in the US, then they need better laws and more legislation. Even a pistol amnesty in the US would take about 20 years<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I cannot believe 496 people in the US were killed with hammers anyway. fucking loons
Just got me thinking that did. Why isn't a hammer included in Cluedo? They have the candlestick, the dagger and the lead pipe. It also prompted the further thought of I wonder what the American version of Cluedo uses as its weapons; the M16; the grenade launcher; the Bazooka; the Apache; the atom bomb; and the hydrogen bomb, would be my guesses.

I reckon because when Cluedo was made if a hammer was used the caretaker would of been banged up in 5 minutes

TCIB said:
chabal said:

Hardly rocket science.

When i lived in Austin i had just returned when Obama got in and the gun shops had seen pannick buying like a supermarket before a natural disaster etc.

This is a good highlight of gun culture their, many would shoot at the police if they came to take their guns, or otherwise bury them away from the home to hide them.
There are so many already on the streets it would be impossible to get even say 20% of the streets.

The only way they would get even close to that being successful would be to offer to buy them back of the gun owner.

To add to that massacres although terrible are nowhere near the main reason for death by firearm.
The vast majority is due to irresponsible owners and the kid gets hold of it and other such misadventures and gang related murders.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
TCIB said:

Hardly rocket science.

Yes but as we know this would be impossible especially in the US, then they need better laws and more legislation. Even a pistol amnesty in the US would take about 20 years

-- Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 am --

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I reckon because when Cluedo was made if a hammer was used the caretaker would of been banged up in 5 minutes

A ban or serious restrictions on the sale and use of firearms in the US would be difficult,but not impossible.
And you should never not try to do the right thing simply because it is difficult.
So some folk would object to legislation - well fuck 'em.
Some folk don't like legislation on drugs,or child sex,but that doesn't mean we baulk at tackling them as problems,so we do,and we we outlaw them as a result.
Let the NRA moan all they want - they are a bunch of reactionary right wing fuckwits - why should they and their warped ideology have any say in policy making?
As skashion correctly stated,all that laissez faire gun laws do is up the ante until the logical conclusion is that everyone owns a nuclear bomb.
Funnily enough I don't see this as a particularly appealing prospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.