Antoine Griezmann

I was commenting on another thread this morning why is it nobody at UEFA appears to be interested in Barcelona’s (or Real Madrid’s) transfer dealings ?

It appears that Barca have now agreed to pay the release fee for Griezmann. Just another 100m plus.

Where exactly do they get their money from ?

MD are unreliable for certain things but when it comes to refuting transfer deals, they have yet to be wrong in my experience. They say nothing has been agreed with Griezmann and that the player has simply put himself on the market - even saying PSG have been the first to react

More worryingly, for me, they say De Ligt may have had his head turned by Liverpool

that would not be a good thing

MD are unreliable for certain things but when it comes to refuting transfer deals, they have yet to be wrong in my experience. They say nothing has been agreed with Griezmann and that the player has simply put himself on the market - even saying PSG have been the first to react

More worryingly, for me, they say De Ligt may have had his head turned by Liverpool
Perhaps he wants to be just like James Milner and go to a team where he actually has the chance to win some silverware !

I was commenting on another thread this morning why is it nobody at UEFA appears to be interested in Barcelona’s (or Real Madrid’s) transfer dealings ?

It appears that Barca have now agreed to pay the release fee for Griezmann. Just another 100m plus.

Where exactly do they get their money from ?
From selling players.
Barcelona net spend is something like 50-60m £ per year.
We spend waaaay more than that.

Then i think you have to look at the coaching. Coutinho was a brilliant player at Liverpool and before he left for Barcelona I was really hoping he would join us.

You don’t go from brilliant to terrible overnight. The old adage “form is temporary, class is permanent” is as true here as it as ever been and I have no doubt that in the right team, be it Barca under a different coach or another team, he will be brilliant again.

He’s an odd case. He’s talented of course. And yet Liverpool got better after he left. As, likely, will Barcelona.

He’s an odd case. He’s talented of course. And yet Liverpool got better after he left. As, likely, will Barcelona.
Good point. Similar to Hazard and Chelsea. Great player in not a great team. If they sell him for 100m or so, presumably they will spend that strengthening the squad and be better for it.

Good point. Similar to Hazard and Chelsea. Great player in not a great team. If they sell him for 100m or so, presumably they will spend that strengthening the squad and be better for it.

Not necessarily. Liverpool were still good going forward and getting goals. They used the money (as well as other money) to cover some of their deficiencies with a new keeper, defender and holding midfielder. Take your choice of what part of the money went where. Chelsea's main problem is in the final 3rd and not scoring enough goals. Hazard individually got Chelsea so many points on his own. They will be worse off if they don't get someone as good as him.

Then i think you have to look at the coaching. Coutinho was a brilliant player at Liverpool and before he left for Barcelona I was really hoping he would join us.

You don’t go from brilliant to terrible overnight. The old adage “form is temporary, class is permanent” is as true here as it as ever been and I have no doubt that in the right team, be it Barca under a different coach or another team, he will be brilliant again.

Coaching at Barcelona has been an issue since Pep but it has nothing to do with Phil’s consistently ineffective play, irrespective of his position. Positions that he was deployed similarly in at Liverpool - apart from as a #10.

He strikes me as mentally fragile and the move was simply too big for him. In 18 months I saw a one trick pony

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.