Any Bluemoon fishermen/women?

Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm a lifelong coarse angler. Had a week's carp fishing down South last week.

I also do a lot of barbel fishing on the rivers, and pike, chub and grayling in the winter.

I'm what they call an "all-rounder".

Dave,Which rivers?...what clubs are you in?
Lots of Rivers - I've fished most of them in my time. I do a lot of barbel fishing on the Ribble these days, and winter fishing on the Dane.

I'm in PAAS and a couple of syndicates.

What about you?

I'm enjoying my first year in PAAS. So far, I've only tried out the fly fishing on the small rivers, but have designs on the barbel fishing later in the year. Some of the estate waters also appeal.

I'm a game, sea (boat) and coarse fisher. Other than my never ending pursuit of a blue marlin, fishing is all about the quality of the experience for me - environment, approach, catch etc. I'm not looking for the most or the biggest fish necessarily.

Get yourselves down to the lower Ebro.Fishing really well after a longish spell of high water due to late melting in the Pyrenees. Cats well into 100lbs plus great carp,barbel,channel cats etc etc even reports of small sturgeon.Local guide and if Carlsberg did accommodation they would do it here.

Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm a lifelong coarse angler. Had a week's carp fishing down South last week.

I also do a lot of barbel fishing on the rivers, and pike, chub and grayling in the winter.

I'm what they call an "all-rounder".

Dave,Which rivers?...what clubs are you in?
Lots of Rivers - I've fished most of them in my time. I do a lot of barbel fishing on the Ribble these days, and winter fishing on the Dane.

What about you?

Dave what kind of syndicate are you in,is it just one water?

pieface said:
I have been in a few mainly to fish different stretches of the Dane,not Albert though.
I have fished one of their waters a few years ago,its on the River Mawdach,a sea trout pool next to an old road bridge between dolgellu and Barmouth,have you been there?beautiful place .I am joining lymm anglers next week so i get my card for the glorious sixteenth and fish this mill pool on the Eye
peover-eye_01.jpg
I was in Lymm for many years. I fished some of their river stretches on the Dane and Severn but fished lymmvale intently for the carp for 5 years or so. I absolutely adored the place because of its beauty, tranquility and rich wildlife. It's not the water it was now as the stock isn't as good, and the felling of some trees on the far bank reduced the beauty a bit. But id urge you to give it a go because its the most spell bounding lake I think I've ever fished. Tablet moat is up there too. But I left Lymm because it does attract a fair few idiots, and after lymmvale changed there wasn't much left for me. It's a club which has had it's problems but it seems to be turning those around.

If you are going to give it a go on there PM me and I'll pass on all I can. I really did fish the place hard so could certainly help you.

My syndicate is on the River Swale in North yorks. Don't use the ticket much any more to be honest. I was in another syndicate on The Trent too but the water was sold recently.

I learned to catch barbel on The Dane and still like the odd trip back. Lovely little river.

I think I fished the place you refer to, the peavor eye. Tiny little stream with chub, trout, grayling etc? Near tabley?

buzzer1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

What about you?

Dave, i bet you see our kid on the Ribble, no joke man he basically lives on it, wind, rain or shine he is on it and he's had some clonkers.
Maybe I have, mate. Do you know where?

Tuearts right boot said:
Get yourselves down to the lower Ebro.Fishing really well after a longish spell of high water due to late melting in the Pyrenees. Cats well into 100lbs plus great carp,barbel,channel cats etc etc even reports of small sturgeon.Local guide and if Carlsberg did accommodation they would do it here.
It's something I intend to do really soon mate.

Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
I have been in a few mainly to fish different stretches of the Dane,not Albert though.
I have fished one of their waters a few years ago,its on the River Mawdach,a sea trout pool next to an old road bridge between dolgellu and Barmouth,have you been there?beautiful place .I am joining lymm anglers next week so i get my card for the glorious sixteenth and fish this mill pool on the Eye
peover-eye_01.jpg
I was in Lymm for many years. I fished some of their river stretches on the Dane and Severn but fished lymmvale intently for the carp for 5 years or so. I absolutely adored the place because of its beauty, tranquility and rich wildlife. It's not the water it was now as the stock isn't as good, and the felling of some trees on the far bank reduced the beauty a bit. But id urge you to give it a go because its the most spell bounding lake I think I've ever fished. Tablet moat is up there too. But I left Lymm because it does attract a fair few idiots, and after lymmvale changed there wasn't much left for me. It's a club which has had it's problems but it seems to be turning those around.

If you are going to give it a go on there PM me and I'll pass on all I can. I really did fish the place hard so could certainly help you.

My syndicate is on the River Swale in North yorks. Don't use the ticket much any more to be honest. I was in another syndicate on The Trent too but the water was sold recently.

I learned to catch barbel on The Dane and still like the odd trip back. Lovely little river.

I think I fished the place you refer to, the peavor eye. Tiny little stream with chub, trout, grayling etc? Near tabley?

That's where I was this evening! Lovely little water I was fishing dry fly and caught 2 small brown trout and, curiously a rainbow of about a pound on little hopper flies.

Dave, I want to fish the Dane for barbel - Sweetenham looks good in the PAAS book? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
peover-eye_01.jpg

That's where I was this evening! Lovely little water I was fishing dry fly and caught 2 small brown trout and, curiously a rainbow of about a pound on little hopper flies.

Dave, I want to fish the Dane for barbel - Sweetenham looks good in the PAAS book? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I think the Irlams own a bit of it, don't really know them myself, but I'll ask the ex wife

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.