Any golfers out there?

Whats the highest handicap people can go out to while playing. No the way if you start on 18 and keep getting worst and worst and end up hacking the ball arounf and end up at 24 so how big of a handicap can you have these days.

played aldwark manor on tuesday really nice course - in my round i had 3 pars and 2 birdies - unfortunatly i also had three 9's and two 8's - i am just like city but at golf

leighton said:
Whats the highest handicap people can go out to while playing. No the way if you start on 18 and keep getting worst and worst and end up hacking the ball arounf and end up at 24 so how big of a handicap can you have these days.

im thinking 28

Got one at the 13th at Prestwich used to be called Hades no longer there as course was altered

Never had one, Came close at a club I used to play at called Downfield. Used as a qualifying course for the Open when it is at Carnoustie and St Andrews. Played Carnoustie. The championship. Hard as fuck but loved it. I thought I better stick the ball in the water when going down the 18th as well so that I could say I plonked it in.

merty-b- said:
Never had one, Came close at a club I used to play at called Downfield. Used as a qualifying course for the Open when it is at Carnoustie and St Andrews. Played Carnoustie. The championship. Hard as fuck but loved it. I thought I better stick the ball in the water when going down the 18th as well so that I could say I plonked it in.
im Ladyblues husband. Played Downfield many a time on our yearly trip to St Andrews area, cracking course very similar to Ladybank

Never had a hole in one - although I holed out from the tee box after hitting my first drive into the woods. So it was a 3. I still had to buy drinks for everyone in the club house. I play off an 18.

I'm playing Oak Hill in about 2 weeks - home of the PGA, US Open and Ryder Cup. I'll be buying extra balls to take. At the end of September, I'm coming over from the States to London for business, and driving up to Manchester to watch the West Ham game. I'm hoping to play golf there then, and am grateful to some blue mooners for suggesting some good courses to play.

If anyone is ever in Austin, Texas, I'd love to take you out on my course: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.twincreeksclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.twincreeksclub.com</a>. Great hill country course, and the occasional rattlesnake amongst the deer and coyotes.

Mr Rich said:
With scorecards of 125+ consistantly a hole in one is basically as likely to happen as City winning the league, SAF stealing the trophy and driving off a cliff in a ball of flames and the trophy landing right in my lap completly in tact, a distant dream.
But I did once chip one in from 65 yards, just lifted in the air bounced once and rolled in. I went crazy; fist pumps, knee slides etc. Possibly the luckiest shot ever in golf.

I'm not a golfer, but enjoyed reading your story, the imagery... PMSL

(thx for sharing that & I hope you hit another one soon)

Trigger said:
Have you ever had a "Hole in One"?

I play off 16 and nearest I got was a couple of inches away at Withington. I have played in two fourballs when this has occurred one mate got one at Northenden and another at Sale Golf Club.

Which are the Best Courses you have played?, mine Shaw Hill, Chorley, Esker Hills in Eire and Santa Maria Elviria in Spain.

i`ve played for 30 years and had three h.i.o, it s all down to luck really, they are nice to get but it doesnt make you a good player, i`ve had a few and seen quite a few over the years, some have been got with great shots and some with the worst shots imaginable.

the first handicap i got, was at brackley a muni type course in little hulton in 1983. i started off 14 h/c and got down to 10 h/c in about 2 months (it was an easy course). i`d also joined birchwood in warrington at the same time. when i started playing in the comps there i had to take my h/c from brackley with me, i left brackley and played birchwood, in two years i`d gone up to 13 h/c. after this a practiced and played a bit more and got my h/c moving lower.
i got down to 9 in four years and down to 6 in another two i`ve been off 7 or less for twenty years, never being lower than 5.7.

now a member at worsley park marriott which is one of the best in greater manchester when in good condition imo. which isnt often unfortunately. other good courses in greater manc (this is my opinion only) are, dunham forest, stockport,

i keep a list of the courses ive played and ive played 312. unfortunately the really great courses are quite expensive.

THE BEST (my opinion0
north west:-
royal birkdale
formby
west lancs
southport and ainsdale
hillside

yorkshire:-
alwoodley
moortown
ganton

best places in the world for golfing holiday (no sun guarantee)

scotland and ireland (by far)
usa

my personal top five
ballybunion
kingsbarns
nairn west
royal aberdeen
k club
ladybank
gleneagles queens, kings and p.g.a.centinary
turnberry
western gailles
swinley forest
the grove
woburn dukes,and marquess
st andrews dukes

sorry couldnt chop it down to five all of these and maybe more, too good to leave out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.