Any golfers out there?

AustinBlue said:
Never had a hole in one - although I holed out from the tee box after hitting my first drive into the woods. So it was a 3. I still had to buy drinks for everyone in the club house. I play off an 18.

I'm playing Oak Hill in about 2 weeks - home of the PGA, US Open and Ryder Cup. I'll be buying extra balls to take. At the end of September, I'm coming over from the States to London for business, and driving up to Manchester to watch the West Ham game. I'm hoping to play golf there then, and am grateful to some blue mooners for suggesting some good courses to play.

If anyone is ever in Austin, Texas, I'd love to take you out on my course: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.twincreeksclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.twincreeksclub.com</a>. Great hill country course, and the occasional rattlesnake amongst the deer and coyotes.

Ladyblue said:
merty-b- said:
Never had one, Came close at a club I used to play at called Downfield. Used as a qualifying course for the Open when it is at Carnoustie and St Andrews. Played Carnoustie. The championship. Hard as fuck but loved it. I thought I better stick the ball in the water when going down the 18th as well so that I could say I plonked it in.
im Ladyblues husband. Played Downfield many a time on our yearly trip to St Andrews area, cracking course very similar to Ladybank

y

yes good course downfield, ladybank was beautiful and played scotscraig on the same trip.
scotscraig was a bastard (good breeze on the day)

Trigger said:
Have you ever had a "Hole in One"?

I play off 16 and nearest I got was a couple of inches away at Withington. I have played in two fourballs when this has occurred one mate got one at Northenden and another at Sale Golf Club.

Which are the Best Courses you have played?, mine Shaw Hill, Chorley, Esker Hills in Eire and Santa Maria Elviria in Spain.

If you ever get the chance,try the royal county down course in newcastle,N.Ireland.It's a card wrecker of the highest order ( it's the course that T.Woods used to warm up for the open a few years back ) It is expensive (£175.00) but well worth the experience,my score when i played it was a red faced 132 ! it had the fastest and most hard to read greens i have ever seen,belive me there have been a lot of four putts on those greens !

poh said:
Trigger said:
Have you ever had a "Hole in One"?

I play off 16 and nearest I got was a couple of inches away at Withington. I have played in two fourballs when this has occurred one mate got one at Northenden and another at Sale Golf Club.

Which are the Best Courses you have played?, mine Shaw Hill, Chorley, Esker Hills in Eire and Santa Maria Elviria in Spain.

If you ever get the chance,try the royal county down course in newcastle,N.Ireland.It's a card wrecker of the highest order ( it's the course that T.Woods used to warm up for the open a few years back ) It is expensive (£175.00) but well worth the experience,my score when i played it was a red faced 132 ! it had the fastest and most hard to read greens i have ever seen,belive me there have been a lot of four putts on those greens !

yes i believe its hard but did you kick it round ;)

r.soleofsalford said:
poh said:

Yes,i know what you mean,it was my worst score ever,mind you the day i played it,the wind was very strong and the rain did not stop untill the 18th. (excuses,excuses)

r.soleofsalford said:
poh said:

Yes,i know what you mean,it was my worst score ever,mind you the day i played it,the wind was very strong and the rain did not stop untill the 18th. (excuses,excuses)

Got an illegal hole in one at Normanton (Wakefield) on the 2nd hole last Autumn.........illegal in so much that the course was closed due to waterlogged on some holes and I hadn't realised. I had parked up and walked on at the 5th via the public footpath as it was after the last bookable tee time when people just play odd holes before it gets too dark.........

The missus was there to verify the tall tale...LOL

I am lucky were I am that in the space of 20-30 minute drive I can play on some top class courses some cheap and others a bit on the deer side. On a good summers day I love to play Corballis up in Donabate lovely links course for the first couple of holes your right beside the beach and it is a real test if it is blowing get a game up there for €20 which isnt too bad.

Anybody in South Manchester thinking of joining a golf club might be interested to know that Houldsworth Golf Club (Reddish) are offering a Centenery Year Special of £595.00 for full membership that runs from now till end of 2010 (17 months).

See <a class="postlink" href="http://www.houldsworthgolfclub.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.houldsworthgolfclub.co.uk</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.