Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

My wholehearted sympathies are with everyone suffering with the long Covid. I don’t think anyone realises just how debilitating it can be. I have lost weight as well (which I did need but…)

Please, don’t think we are being wimps. As the saying goes: Don’t judge me until you’ve walked a mile in my shoes. (Not that I can walk even 200 yds these days!!) :-)

Fibro causes me a lot of pain and weakness in my muscles and restless arms and legs to the point i would gladly chop my limbs off ! , so long as i take the mag( the calcium just helps it absorb ) things are more manageable , diazepam for bad nights works as they both relax the muscles

When i first got ME and fibro my gp used to give me weekly mag injections , trouble was i dropped to six stone and the injections were agony so i had to find a good oral tablet and happened on mag 2:1 cal from a nutritionist i was referred to , made life so much easier
Kaz7 I really feel for you and hope that things get a bit easier as time goes by. I know that sounds like a cliche but I empathise. *gentle hugs*

Partners just had Covid, was poorly for about 10 days
I caught it off her and was only a bit rough for 1 day and negative after 2 days
I had it exactly a year ago and that time I was groggy for about 10 days as well

I'm pretty fit for my 73 years but got Covid in June. Good job I was triple jabbed or I think it might have seen me off. 40 years of smoking anything from Park Drive to Hamlets has taken its toll.
6 weeks on and I'm still absolutely knackered if I exert myself for even a couple of minutes ( gardening ,diy ,running up the stairs etc)
Also I have really bad sinusitis and covid seems to have messed that up even more.

Saw this earlier. The brain fog they describe is something I've suffered with. I thought it was due to dealing with a lot personally, particularly having a new born and my Mum fighting bowel cancer. But although she died in December, my brain is still absolutely useless. I used to have a really good memory for things. I'd remember what I had to do at work, who to chase, when I had meetings the entire week etc. Now I could forget a name as I'm typing it.

Saw this earlier. The brain fog they describe is something I've suffered with. I thought it was due to dealing with a lot personally, particularly having a new born and my Mum fighting bowel cancer. But although she died in December, my brain is still absolutely useless. I used to have a really good memory for things. I'd remember what I had to do at work, who to chase, when I had meetings the entire week etc. Now I could forget a name as I'm typing it.
Yeah the brain fog is very underestimated , it can be really debilatating (sp)

Tough going that buddy,hope things get on the mend x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.