FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

A combined 92m outlay and all are weak links for reasons of ability or attitude or both.Tonight was proof of the vast gulf in quality that exists between our first choice players and their understudies.
Replacing at least a couple of the above in Jan would be hugely beneficial to our chances of winning silverware.

Out of the 6 players you list 1 is on loan and 4 out of the remaining 5 are defenders or in Garcia's case a DM who is drafted in as a defender on occasions. Demichelis didn't have the greatest of games either but I assume he gets a pass having been here for 5 minutes.

So we replace the backup defence and buy a new back up defence. What do we do when the new backups look equally ill at ease and all over the shop? Buy another set of back up defenders? And keep repeating what 2, 3, 10 times? Its worth bearing in mind that the first choice defence hasn't exactly looked that secure either so should we be looking at them as well?

Obviously this.
Disagree in regards of selling Richards but I don't think many would disappointed in the seeing the others go. Obviously Sinclair is nailed on to leave, as will Lescott once his contract expires. A few months ago I would have liked to see Dzeko stay until the summer as cover but surely he has to leave in Jan? He was taking the piss yesterday. Garcia just isn't good enough and central midfield is the most important position we need to strengthen as the drop in quality from Fern and Yaya is huge. Kolarov had a decent spell last season but has reverted to his usual crapness, also in the last year of his contract I think in the summer and I cant see the club offering an extension so he will surely go.

NoahCity said:
Richards should stay for me. Lescott is good too but will go in the summer. Kolarov also ain't really that bad. We are pretty good at Full back spots. Big need is to get a quality CB in as well as bring in a CM/DM to provide competition/cover to Fernandinho and Yaya. We also need to bring another creative threat. Dzeko, Sinclair, Barry, Lescott, Garcia at least will all be gone by September 1, 2014.
He is bloody terrible

The only one of them I would keep is Lescott, the rest are very average.

Isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I would geniunely not be bothered if Milner went. All work, zero quality.

I think De Niro hit the nail on the head in the post match thread.

We can carry the odd one or maybe even two when surrounded by 10/11 of our regular first team players but cannot accommodate 6 in one match. None of them are at the right level to be regular starters in my opinion and when put together they collectively look very average.

Maybe our long term thinking needs to change. We should perhaps have a core of 13/14 top quality players with the remainder being promising and more importantly hungry younger players (not necessarily academy) who are then introduced bit by bit and brought along by being surrounded by talented players.

The problem with most on this list is that they have the attitude that they should be playing every week and Pellegrini keeps shuffling them trying to massage their egos.

What he did at Sunderland changing three of the four defenders when he only had to change one contributed to us losing that match and this has got to stop going forward.

For me going forward, our strongest 11 play unless someone is out through injury. Rotating for the sake of rotating could cost us.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We should perhaps have a core of 13/14 top quality players with the remainder being promising and more importantly hungry younger players (not necessarily academy) who are then introduced bit by bit and brought along by being surrounded by talented players.
I am sure that this has been mentioned before and is indeed the plan. Txiki and Soriano did it at Barca. They have a fantastic first 11 and then a bench with a mixture of academy graduates and the likes of Adriano etc who can play basically every position with real quality.

Of those on that list I would be surprised if anyone else apart from Richards was still here come the start of next season.

Txiki is no doubt looking to once again cut the deadwood and their wages and bring in those who will make a difference.

Whilst this is happening though Pellegrini does have to utilize the squad and we will no doubt have more games like this where we can see either the likes of Kolarov aren't good enough or they don't give a shit because they know they are gone anyway.

Kolarov could have a role. He's handy to have around against teams that try to muscle themselves into the game. He can handle himself. He has many critics and I understand why but he has appeared in quite a few famous victories during his time with us. He can be crap but can also hold his own and surprise people. Rather than have him walk on a free and unless somebody offered £10 million, I would give him a new contract.

The rest are going without a doubt. Micah sadly has missed a lot of games due to his longstanding date with the physio's bench and has probably forgotten the lessons Mancio tried to drill into his head.

He's still youngish but that's no use to anyone if he's constantly injured and always just coming back from injury. He's taking a squad place from maybe an academy lad who should be given a contract and a chance.

Don't know if the £92 million outlay is accurate. I'd have said probably nearer £80 million - bearing in mind those like Sinclaire's deal were games/performance based - he will probably only cost us £3.5 million if we off-load no and he never plays a match again - at east that's what I've heard on other threads/sites.

Be surprised if we would get £20 million for the lot bearing in mind the wages they will want.

FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

A combined 92m outlay and all are weak links for reasons of ability or attitude or both.Tonight was proof of the vast gulf in quality that exists between our first choice players and their understudies.
Replacing at least a couple of the above in Jan would be hugely beneficial to our chances of winning silverware.

All relatively good footballers but I feel we've moved up a level. Last night the football was rough around the edges and showed we missed the classier players.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I think De Niro hit the nail on the head in the post match thread.

We can carry the odd one or maybe even two when surrounded by 10/11 of our regular first team players but cannot accommodate 6 in one match. None of them are at the right level to be regular starters in my opinion and when put together they collectively look very average.

Maybe our long term thinking needs to change. We should perhaps have a core of 13/14 top quality players with the remainder being promising and more importantly hungry younger players (not necessarily academy) who are then introduced bit by bit and brought along by being surrounded by talented players.

The problem with most on this list is that they have the attitude that they should be playing every week and Pellegrini keeps shuffling them trying to massage their egos.

What he did at Sunderland changing three of the four defenders when he only had to change one contributed to us losing that match and this has got to stop going forward.

For me going forward, our strongest 11 play unless someone is out through injury. Rotating for the sake of rotating could cost us.

WE won't need to carry six on one match again. The only reason we did is that the game was a dead rubber. These are are reserve players that everyone is ranting about. You might see a similar side at Leicester, but that will be it.

People need to stop panicking as though these players are going to blow all of our glory chances this season. We have the spine of a CL contending team. Txiki and Manuel will surely be looking over the next couple of windows - it won't all happen in January - to steadily up the quality of the squad by replacing these players one by one with better quality,

ManCitizens. said:
Clichy has been worse than Kolarov this season.

Not a hope. Kolorov is awful. His version of defending is to run into the opposition with his hands by his side and hope the ref doesn't give a free kick or a spotter. If he has no out ball up the line and he hasn't time to turn inside to play it back with his left, he just bashes it up the line and hopes for the best as he cannot even play a simple pass inside to midfield as he is so one sided.

Clichy hasn't been great this season, but he has been better than Kolarov.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.