Any thoughts as to when Britain will be completed?

Growing up, I thought the UK would develop into a futuristic country quite rapidly.
The reality. Is, outside the big cities, nothing has changed at all, and the country is stuck in a 70s/80s time warp.
I guess the only development in the majority of provincial towns is that loads of shops and pubs have closed, and the ones that aren't empty are charity, vape or betting shops.
Can I have the jet pack and flying car future back I was promised?

There's a bus stop near mine. Large grass verge, opens out onto a little protected nature area. Nice spot in a built up area.

House on the corner next to it has started parking their two work vans there, as well as their cars. Driving in the mud, dug up all the grass. Dumped piles of rubbish and sand. They're parked up in front of a couple of meters of builders sand right now. They've damaged an access cover in the pavement by driving over it, it's just a big hole with a traffic cone stuck in it.

Literally half the town drive past this every single day. It is the main road to the County Council office, highways dept depot, as well.

I've reported it, several times. I've learned it is illegal to park there. That previous tenants were warned not to.

I think I am the only person interested, to judge from social media. People told me, nothing will get done about it. I didn' t believe it. But.... Yep. Nothing has been done about it.

This started two years ago and has been ongoing. Fly tipping was logged a year ago, but nothing done. That cone in a hole has been there since the start of the year.

I've seen this all over the place. People are literally turning blind, on some level.

It could be a pile of decomposing dogs, I doubt it would matter.

"If it's there, that's sort of how it's supposed to be, right?"

"If what's there?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.