Any thoughts as to when Britain will be completed?

Hmm, that’s more progressive thinking than radical, which means extreme.

First and foremost, we need adults back in charge. Statespeople. Ones that are willing to negotiate in good faith. Ones that disregard culture wars.
"A radical overhaul". Large, wholesale changes. Radical is just the opposite of moderate. It suggests change with substance to it, rather than tweaking at the edges.

Okay, so my first point stands then. The radical parties standing never win and never will, whichever voting system was used.

If you take issue with that one word, change it to "bold" or something to that effect. Both main parties have had leaders with bold, radical, large, important, effective ideas in power in the past. For Labour, both Wilson and Blair were visionary, if I can bring myself to say it. If you are on the other side of the fence, you might point to Thatcher.

Point is, both Sunak and Starmer are a million miles from that. They want nothing. They are empty, empty men.

Flats, bus stations, road & rail infrastructure etc.etc.
When will everything be finished?
When do we reach the promised land?
All I see is a confused mess getting more complicated with each passing week!
It'll be finished when there isn't a temporary set of traffic lights on the road from Littleborough to Todmorden.

I treated myself to a wee paperback some years ago - THATCHER'S BRITAIN - A GUIDE TO THE RUINS. The lucrative (for some!) hand of privatisation will make itself felt for some time yet - shit railway operation, filthy water, flooding 'cos there's a lack of maintenance to the system, paying through the nose for a spot of gas 'n leccy. Mind, that bit of UK still part-owned by the people, The Post Office, has shown everybody how to run an airworks.

If you take issue with that one word, change it to "bold" or something to that effect. Both main parties have had leaders with bold, radical, large, important, effective ideas in power in the past. For Labour, both Wilson and Blair were visionary, if I can bring myself to say it. If you are on the other side of the fence, you might point to Thatcher.

Point is, both Sunak and Starmer are a million miles from that. They want nothing. They are empty, empty men.
Now is the time for Starmer to step up for me. He’s not been able to divulge his policies in this parliament as any half decent one has been stolen by the Tories.

I don’t expect wholesale change, but I do see an intelligent bloke that lacks in charisma. It’s exactly what politics needs now to cleanse ourselves from 8 years of the circus governing.

The rate of decline needs to be decreased before anything else. Renationalising of water, energy, transport etc with some sort of safeguard to stop them being sold off again.

Negotiate with France to reinstate or recreate the Dublin agreement.

Now is the time for Starmer to step up for me. He’s not been able to divulge his policies in this parliament as any half decent one has been stolen by the Tories.

I don’t expect wholesale change, but I do see an intelligent bloke that lacks in charisma. It’s exactly what politics needs now to cleanse ourselves from 8 years of the circus governing.

The rate of decline needs to be decreased before anything else. Renationalising of water, energy, transport etc with some sort of safeguard to stop them being sold off again.

Negotiate with France to reinstate or recreate the Dublin agreement.
I hope he will do something like that, but what we've seen so far he won't.

He's already repeatedly denied that he will renationalise any utilities, in fact the only nationalisation that he has been on-board with is the rail, even that he has U-turned on a number of times now.

I haven't seen much to say that he is an intelligent man in relative comparison to his peers. The one point I will agree with is where you say he lacks charisma, but I think you are just assuming that because he's not charismatic he must have other qualities in the bank.

Starmer has already been involved in negotiations on the continent before and it didn't go well. Lastly, a party leader really shouldn't be scared of his ideas being copied, or see ideas being stolen as a bad thing; if the other side wants to implement your policies, you must have good policies... and, you should be glad that there is then a consensus on those changes across both governing parties, if that is, you really believe in said policies.

I hope he will do something like that, but what we've seen so far he won't.

He's already repeatedly denied that he will renationalise any utilities, in fact the only nationalisation that he has been on-board with is the rail, even that he has U-turned on a number of times now.

I haven't seen much to say that he is an intelligent man in relative comparison to his peers. The one point I will agree with is where you say he lacks charisma, but I think you are just assuming that because he's not charismatic he must have other qualities in the bank.

Starmer has already been involved in negotiations on the continent before and it didn't go well. Lastly, a party leader really shouldn't be scared of his ideas being copied, or see ideas being stolen as a bad thing; if the other side wants to implement your policies, you must have good policies... and, you should be glad that there is then a consensus on those changes across both governing parties, if that is, you really believe in said policies.
He’s a top lawyer. He isn’t without intelligence.

Only time will tell if he chose the right way to lead his party. At the moment, the polls suggest he’s done the right thing to get them elected.

Beyond that, we will soon see what they will do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.