Any thoughts as to when Britain will be completed?

He will also have to move away from the status quo. Copying the same platform the Tories have destroyed the country with, won't yield different results just because it's done in a red rosette.
I thought it was Brexit that destroyed the country, or has it been destroyed twice ?

When infrastructure is back in government hands and not with private companies who just sweat the assets until they fail and the government plans beyond the next 10yrs.

Equipment used to be maintained and be built to be maintainable, as an example there are some substations which still contain transformers and switchgear which were installed in the 60s. They were expensive to build and had their own standards for each component but they were maintainable down to the nut and bolt. It was much more environmentally friendly as the parts weren’t thrown away but instead were machined back within tolerances.

Now it’s a race to the bottom, all you hear when working on infrastructure projects is “Minimum Viable Product”, there is no aspiration to make things that last. It’s the same across all of industry, look at the modular building of houses, modern day prefabs but instead of being cheap council housing, developers want 300k for them not to mention the carry on with RAAC concrete. I could go on, but it frustrates the fuck out of me and most professional engineers.

To quote Oscar Wilde, when it comes to the bean counters “They know the price of everything but the value of nothing“.

Last edited:
That is exactly why I won’t be voting Labour. Starmer is Tory lite, when radical solutions are required.
Lots of messages from you since the election was called.

Radical solutions required?

Are you hoping either a communist party or a Laurence Fox is standing in your constituency?

I thought it was Brexit that destroyed the country, or has it been destroyed twice ?
It's been destroyed over and over for almost fifteen years. Well, actually it was already declining before that, but it really ramped up in 2010. I don't blame Brexit for that, it's perfectly possible to manage the economy and public services outside of the European Union.

I didn't support it at the time because I wanted to stay and reform from the inside, but I know that being in the union wasn't what held the country together, and eight years after the referendum I have no high ideas about being in or out.

Lots of messages from you since the election was called.

Radical solutions required?

Are you hoping either a communist party or a Laurence Fox is standing in your constituency?
"Radical" doesn't have to mean completely to the end of one side or the other. Just something with a bit of substance and vision! Nobody from either big parties has any ideas right now. It's all a bit... empty. They both more or less just want to carry on as normal, and it's not working. At a time where everything has literally gone to sh*t, it's no good having these Simple Simons in charge who couldn't plan their way out of an open cardboard box.

"Radical" doesn't have to mean completely to the end of one side or the other. Just something with a bit of substance and vision! Nobody from either big parties has any ideas right now. It's all a bit... empty. They both more or less just want to carry on as normal, and it's not working. At a time where everything has literally gone to sh*t, it's no good having these Simple Simons in charge who couldn't plan their way out of an open cardboard box.
Hmm, that’s more progressive thinking than radical, which means extreme.

First and foremost, we need adults back in charge. Statespeople. Ones that are willing to negotiate in good faith. Ones that disregard culture wars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.