Anybody lose a parent young ?

I’m 45 and lost my mum suddenly 3 months ago. Christmas and the new year was a real struggle. Can’t imagine how hard it must be to lose a parent when you’re young.

My Mum was 42 when she died of cancer. Don't think it's something you ever get over, you just learn to live with it. Not a day goes by when I don't think of her. A few Christmas's ago the kids bought me a CD and the first song that came on was 'Somewhere over the rainbow' and I started bawling like a baby, instant memories of my Mum singing this to me when I was a lad. Still gets me now.

What a heart breaking thread.

I don’t like to tempt fate but like TCIB i’m one of the lucky ones that hasn’t had a family death yet. I’m 36 and have an extremely young family.

However, i’ve never met my real father, so if anyone knows an Andrew Seed, 54ish years old and a Blackburn Rovers fan please do get in touch. I reckon the **** owes me a fortune!

On Saturday it will be the 40th anniversary of losing my mum .....died in front of me when I was 13 ....... anybody else lose a parent young and did it screw you up like it has me ever since ..... I always get hammered on the anniversary day of her death....

My mum's still going. She lost her husband when I was 13. Best thing that happened to me.

She lost someone she truly loved before having to marry him.

Mostly she lost the love of her life in my Brother 2 years ago New Year's Day.

It's a reality check sometimes to know true feelings about where you stand in life.

It’s all the things you miss out with no Dad, like you playing football/ cricket at school and every other kids Dads there
Even not being driven anywhere as Mum couldn’t drive so it was bus everywhere
Strong females back then !

Didn't miss out on punches, backhanders or stick beatings.

I really feel jealous at the relationships you guys have. My best friend had an amazing relationship with his Mum.

I was truly curious at what a 'good relationship' looked like, back then. It was like I was at an outside window looking in.

Still am, in a way, I guess...

Lost my mum when i was 25,she was 53 (26 years ago) still devasted find it difficult to look at old pictures of her.

My mum passed away 4 days before my first birthday from pneumonia. Never knew my father.

Adopted by a much older couple. They have both since passed - the old man in April 2008, me mam in Feb 2018. She was a fine and outstanding woman. I think of her every day without fail.

I only have one photo of my biological mother, which I cherish. She is stunningly beautiful. She was just 22 when she taken. Still haunts me to this day - despite being me being too young to remember her. I miss her more every day. Her passing at such young age is something that will never leave me. I hope I have done okay by her and if she's somewhere looking upon me, I hope she is proud of me.

I have 2 young children and it saddens me they'll never get to see a grandparent on my side.

My dad died when I was 11 from bowel cancer (this was in 1984). He was a very quiet man so I can really recall many conversations (and of course we didn't take that many photographs back then). For years it felt like a dream and I thought one day he'd turn up in a black car (this was a recurring dream) as part of some experiment. He did insist on me doing sports pretty much everyday though...tennis and swimming mainly, be he was a huge Derby County fan. I was adopted too (I knew from an early age). My adopted sister didn't take it too well and it went pear shaped after that (I haven't spoken to her in over ten years...). I instilled a similar sense of sports in my own children...so that part of him lives on.
I distinctly remember him buying me the 1982 England kit...it's like watching it on youtube so clear is the memory...pulling into the drive with the bag (it was dusk so the curtains were still open) and me opening the bag...
I remember his mum (my gran) crying her eyes out over the kitchen sink and no one else being particularly concerned (which hurt me). Later on in life I understood (with having my own children) how utterly painful that must've been for her to lose her only child.
My adoptive mother is still going strong (at 78) but recently it's clear her memory is starting to go.

What a heart breaking thread.

I don’t like to tempt fate but like TCIB i’m one of the lucky ones that hasn’t had a family death yet. I’m 36 and have an extremely young family.

However, i’ve never met my real father, so if anyone knows an Andrew Seed, 54ish years old and a Blackburn Rovers fan please do get in touch. I reckon the **** owes me a fortune!
Knew one at school about 40 years ago in Preston. Ginger hair. Not seen him since.
No need to thank me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.