Anybody lose a parent young ?

I concur i am not a City fan or Mancunian ( iam a Glaswegian Celtic fan) and member of many football forums, being a football nut.
This is by far my favourite football forum.

I lost mine when very young. Not through death, but other reasons. I was lucky in that my maternal Grandparents adopted me but to not have that relationship with biological parents, when you know they could have made the effort if they had wanted to, is something that has a long lasting effect.

I'm 31 and my mum died when I was 3.

When the topic arises (which isn't very often), the obvious question that people ask is ''do you miss her?'' And it's kinda hard to answer, cos without wanting to sound harsh or cold blooded but how can you miss what you've never really had?

Of course I sometimes wonder if my life would've panned out any different, so I'll always have that occasional curiosity. But I have zero memories of her. It would've been really tough for my sisters, who were 7 and 9 at the time which must just be a simply awful age to lose a parent (not that there is a 'good' age).

We're very fortunate that we have an incredible father. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him, to find himself widowed in his early 40s with 3 children under 10. Quite a small family too so I have no idea how he juggled work and raising us. Incredible man and also the reason why I have a life sentence with City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.