Anyone eaten in a 3 star michelin restaurant

So it’s the sense of it not being worth your money that you object to?

That‘s absolutely fine. Everyone has limits as to what they will pay for what.

I wouldn’t want to eat at these places every night, but once in a while, they can be magnificent.

Fortunately the Insta goons prefer to go to Salt Bae than a truly superb restaurant.
You might have partially hit the nail on the head there - I don’t think fine dinings worth the money among other things.

I have peers that spend fortunes on wine and champagne when eating out but that’s not for me either.

I‘ve got to say that although I’ve never had a bad experience drinking expensive wines I also don’t find the taste any different to many less expensive wines.

You might have partially hit the nail on the head there - I don’t think fine dinings worth the money among other things.

I have peers that spend fortunes on wine and champagne when eating out but that’s not for me either.

I‘ve got to say that although I’ve never had a bad experience drinking expensive wines I also don’t find the taste any different to many less expensive wines.
Perhaps your tastebuds don’t work? ;-)

I have the value for money thing too. Even if I had unlimited money, I still would only do it occasionally.

Sommeliers do a type of performance art. It’s informative, but I always find it quite amusing to see how much they can “big up” their wine.

The Essence of rhubarb, with raisin overtones and a burnt rubber finish compliment the raw scollop’s meatiness and the pomegranate jus.
Went for a meal in a town before Christmas with work, one of my colleagues was asked if we wanted wine, he said yes and the waitress said i'll get the Sommelier, he turned to the table and said is everyone happy with the Sommelier or do we want to see the wine menu, dopey fucker thought Sommelier was a bottle of wine.

Sommeliers do a type of performance art. It’s informative, but I always find it quite amusing to see how much they can “big up” their wine.

The Essence of rhubarb, with raisin overtones and a burnt rubber finish compliment the raw scollop’s meatiness and the pomegranate jus.
They’re wasting their time with me. I’ve had a philosophy that I’ve stuck with for 20 odd years when ordering from a menu I’ve not seen before.
Simply find one (a Chilean Merlot preferably) that’s slap bang in the middle of the price range and jobs a good’un.
Never let me down! Haha!

They’re wasting their time with me. I’ve had a philosophy that I’ve stuck with for 20 odd years when ordering from a menu I’ve not seen before.
Simply find one (a Chilean Merlot preferably) that’s slap bang in the middle of the price range and jobs a good’un.
Never let me down! Haha!
It’s most fun when you have a tasting menu with matching wines. The bullshit they come out with is superb!

If I have to choose, I tend to go for an Argentinian Malbec or a Frascati.

Loaded fries too fancy for me. I'll stick with chips and gravy. Sans muffin, roll, breadcake etc

I used to love going to these sorts of restaurants when I working down in Portsmouth. On a good year we'd be frequenting them seemingly every other month.

They all become a bit samey after a while and I got tyred of having to go through the usual formalities you must adhere to in these sorts of establishments.

If you are to go to any I'd recommend the Lamb Inn in Chichester. Wow the chef han cook a wonderful Steak Diane.
Prefer the Crown and Anchor at Dell Quay. Bloody excellent fish and chips. Right on the water. Outside bar as well.
Will be back down in a few weeks, if I get time I'll try and pop in. Never go near the place in the summer, the road to Wittering is a fucking nightmare.

Loaded fries too fancy for me. I'll stick with chips and gravy. Sans muffin, roll, breadcake etc
There’s a time and place for both my friend. Had sausage chips mushy peas and gravy earlier and a can of dandelion and burdock.
As good as any posh nosh I’ve experienced :-)

I wouldn’t want to eat at these places every night, but once in a while, they can be magnificent.
Totally agree, in nearly 62 years I've done this sort of restaurant twice, and loved it both times.

Nobody wants to eat in them every night, I wouldn't even want to eat out every night. I've just made a really nice meal of minted lamb (butcher minted), hassleback potatoes (frozen) basted in butter, pepper, salt, with junniper berries baked in the butter, and simple buttered cabbage, it was lovely, and took half an hour to cook, with little effort.

I love food done well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.